HassOS VM and Change Block Tracking

After reading this post [On Hold] Deprecating Home Assistant Supervised on generic Linux when first released in May I migrated from supervised on generic Linux over to the VM HassOS image, this was an easy enough migration.

One thing which bugged me was that I had previously been taking full automated VM backups of the supervised generic Linux VM onto my Synology NAS using the following method with Change Block Tracking enabled. https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Backup/How_to_enable_CBT_manually_for_a_virtual_machine

However since migrating to HassOS, this had an IDE drive pre-configured, not SCSI so I have been struggling to find any reference on the web for CBT of IDE drives.

Does anybody here know if this can be done, or have any reference docs for this?

I’m presuming that this may need to be converted from an IDE to SCSI disk, but does the HassOS image support or have the driver for SCSI disks?

@levickij Have you had any success with this? I’ve also followed the instructions for enabling CBT on HassOS’ VM, but see no ...-ctk file upon restart. My use case is identical to yours: I want to back up the VM to Synology with Active Backup for Business.