Have Nest pulled the plug already?

Hi All,

Just restarted my HA and Nest seems to be down. Also have a separate integration on HomeBridge and that too seems down. Anyone heard if Nest have pulled the plug a bit early?

Cheers

mb

1 Like

I updated to 0.94 this morning and anything Nest broke. Relatively sure it was working fine beforehand, but maybe not. Thought if you were an existing Nest user, it will continue working, which I am. Going to https://developers.nest.com/ and trying to view the console, I get a 504 error. So, maybe they are doing some maintenance or whatever. Guessing this is causing issues with HA as well, so lets hope its only temporary.

I had a similar issue earlier today when I restarted after moving sensors out of configuration.yaml into sensors.yaml. Everything Nest broke.

I assumed it was an issue with my config, so reverted the files and restarted now all is working again.

I still have all my Nest stuff in configuration.yaml, like before the upgrade. Restarted couple of times now and still nothing. Going to give it some time…

Seeing this in my log file:

2019-06-22 09:36:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform nest is taking over 10 seconds.

I’m seeing the same thing too. Mine just stop working. I guess the august thing was like April fool.

Quick bit of experimentation seems I can read from Nest, but can’t right to it.

Any change I make through the Nest app, or on Nest.com is reflected in HA within a few seconds but attempting to write anything (e.g. change Home / Away or set a temperature) fails.

Seeing the same in another Works With Nest app too BTW.

Seeing the same behavior.

nest here also down

Mine stopped working as well; I am (was) using Google DNS, switched my pihole(s) to Cloudflare (for unrelated reasons), disabled my pihole(s), restarted HASS.IO and the nest stuff started working.

Then I reenabled my pihole(s), restarted HASS.IO and the Nest stuff stopped working. I went through and flushed all DNS, rebooted the pihole(s) and HASS.IO… and Nest did not work. I disabled the pihole(s) and restarted HASS.IO; and the Nest stuff still didn’t work. So I believe I caught the API working for just a split second earlier before it went back down.

My official Nest app on my phone, and home.nest.com are working though.

My guess is, they are attempting to tweak or perform maintenance on the public API. I’m sure now that their plan (was forced to be) changed to continue supporting the “works with nest” program, they don’t have a seamless and cohesive roadmap to future maintenance and are kind of winging it. This is probably the new norm.

Noticed two things, the Nest Access token endpoint and Works with Nest API endpoint are down. One returning a 404, the other is completely offline:

https://api.home.nest.com/oauth2/access_token
https://developer-api.nest.com

Hope to see these recovered sometime soon…

My Nest integration is also down but oddly so is my Volvo on call with the same symptoms, the phone app works fine, HA doesn’t

Appears to be back online again.

I can make adjustments and they’re reflected on the Nest app and website within a couple of seconds. Even my ETA automations are working as expected.

Yay!

Reboot of HA and we are back! (Until August 31st…)

Yep, I am good as well. Also noticed the Developer API endpoint is responding now, guessing that was the root issue.

Volvo on call back, Nest still down with a 404 when I try to go to the developers console

my nest is back on

Still broken here :frowning:

So I stupidly removed the integration at Nest.com in the hope that I might be able to re-add the integration, turns out you can’t and if I follow the instructions to add the integration from HA, it doesn’t work.

So it looks to me like Nest is basically broken for any new users ahead of the 1st August deadline. I’m considering moving to Hive now.