Hayward Omnilogic?

My spa and pool lights work.

Same here :

Logger: custom_components.omnilogic.common
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:331
integration: Omnilogic (documentation, issues)

Error requesting Omnilogic data: Cannot connect to host www.haywardomnilogic.com:443 ssl:default

Anyone found a fix ?

My integration has been losing connection frequently. My automation that triggers a reload of the integration when that happens works well, but not all of the time for some reason, so I then manually reload it. Obviously if a fix is possible, that would be best.

This happens periodically, but is likely an issue with either the Hayward cloud or the internet connection. It will automatically reconnect on the next poll. I see this in my log, but it’s very infrequent.

How often is the poll? When I see the integration unavailable, refreshing it manually works instantly 100% of the time. I wonder why this started happening. It was rock solid until (guessing) a couple of months ago.

Polling is configurable in the settings. Default is 30 seconds.

Mine is set to the default 30s

The problem happens relatively often and only a CONFIGURE+ SUBMIT on the integration will solve it.

I am also using the app from Hayward from time to time directly on my phone. Is this a problem?

I have noticed a little more frequent occurrence of this myself lately. I added an automation to call the reload config entry service on one of the OmniLogic entities and that seems to be working for me now.

Not sure what is going on with the Hayward API.

I may try the local version in the coming weeks to see if that’s solves the problem

Hey sir !
I run both. The local has not suffered the same problem. I use local for everything but still use your version because it covers ORP, PH and Salt. When I see those 3 go unavailable I know I need to reload the integration. It’s probably Hayward being Hayward. :slight_smile:

I just got a new Omnilogic installed today. I was able to connect to the integration but like many others on this thread I am only seeing a total of 7 entities: pool and spa pump switch, air temp, pool temp, spa temp, and pool and spa speed.

My lights and all the other controls (like temperature settings, pump speed setting, etc) don’t show up.

I installed the integration directly from the add integrations button. The documentation says lights are not supported but this thread implies that many people have it working.

Is it worth trying to switch to the local control to see if it is any more response and detects the other entities?

Update - I downloaded the local control and it revealed most of the entities with the exception of the lights. It is also much more responsive versus the cloud based version.

So that is off to a much better start. Has anyone created a nice lovelace card for displaying this integration in a summary format?

The integration continues to need reloading a few times per week. I created an automation to reload it and thought it was working but actually it wasn’t. For some reason, only a manual reload works, not the automation nor in Developer Tools/Service. Am I doing something wrong?

The bullet below is actually a dash. This post keeps reformatting it.

action:

• service: homeassistant.reload_config_entry
    target:
    device_id:
    - 789b3806f88394965ce8cf7f29b6031c
    data: {}