HBMQTT - Default MQTT broker doesn't support heavy flow of data

Hi everyone,

EDIT : After days of debbuging, I managed to fix the issue.

Replacing the default broker (HBMQTT) by Mosquitto broker for Hass.io fixed all my troubles - and speeded up time of response for a few MQTT-powered switched I use.

I have a big issue with my HASS.io + HomeAssistant 0.60 install.
After a HomeAssistant restart, everything works perfectly for about 24 hours or so.

After that, Home Assistant slows down up to the point of being unusable.
I can still SSH into it without any delay, FTP works also normally as well.

But

• the frontend is so slow that it eventually times out before I can reach it
  • when calling services without passing by the frontend (triggered by an automation, a press on one of my FLIC bluetooth button,…) lights and devices takes up to 1 minute to turn on.

Restarting HomeAssistant fixes the issue, for 24 hours.

I already tried to make a fresh install of HassIO, without success.
Actually, I’m a bit lost regarding what to try to fix this. I have absolutely no idea of what change in my config might have triggered this issue.

Could it be an hardware issue with the Pi?

When I check in my log file, I have tons of error like this one:

2017-12-30 13:00:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting

I searched the forum, but found nothing (except a bug in a previous version of Home Assistant)
What could I do? :confused:

Have a nice day & thanks for your help !

1 Like

I managed to fix the “Timer got out of sync” thanks to this thread. It was actually only showing up when using the frontend with an iOS device, and not related to the crashed.

But my Home Assistant instance still crash every 24 hours or so. When I add a device sending MQTT event every 10 second, it even crash faster.

Here is a graph of my CPU (green) and RAM.
It does look like a memory leak?

Is there any way I could track the component provoking it?

After days of debbuging, I managed to fix the issue.

Replacing the default broker (HBMQTT) by Mosquitto broker for Hass.io fixed all my troubles - and speeded up time of response for a few MQTT-powered switched I use.

I now have 5 MQTT-devices posting 4 messages every 2 seconds and everything is working smoothly :

1 Like