Heating Automation Not Triggered

I have an automation that should check

• Weekday 8am to 4pm
  • Someone is home
  • One of two temp sensors is less than 19

if this is true it should fire up the heating.

As you can see one of these sensors is below 19C and has been since 8am

Looking at the automation it hasn’t fired since Thursday morning but not sure why it hasn’t kicked in today. I have just ran it manually and it has all worked and the heating has kicked in so the logic appears sound which suggests a problem with the triggers?

The automation is

alias: House Temp - Day - Heat
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.temp6_temperature
    below: '19'
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.kitchen_temperature
    below: '19'
condition:
  - condition: time
    after: '08:00'
    before: '16:00'
    weekday:
      - mon
      - tue
      - wed
      - thu
      - fri
  - condition: state
    entity_id: group.anyone_home
    state: home
action:
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    target:
      device_id: abc123
    data:
      temperature: 22
mode: single

with the group being setup as

group:
  anyone_home:
    name: "Anyone Home"
    entities:
      - person.bill
      - person.ted

Is there anything that looks wrong with this automation / is there anything I can do to work out why it hasn’t kicked in?

Looking at the show trace details from the automation shows a run through the code at 03:52 (which stopped because the time didn’t meet the criteria) but nothing else

And that is normal. Your automation only triggers the moment the temperature goes from above 19 to below 19. As long as it stays below 19 it will not trigger again.

Add a third trigger at 08:00, and another condition that the temp must be below 19

1 Like

The penny has dropped thanks. I was thinking it would re-evaluate each time a sensor changes but the trigger is purely is the old value > 19 and the new one < 19.

I have another automation with about five temperature sensors which gets a bit of a pain to achieve but I will sort that thanks