Heatmiser Neo-hub support, ugly and work in progress

Hi everyone

Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place.

I’m setting up home assistant for the first time. And setting up home assistant in my new home. I’m incredibly lucky and have got a fair bit of stuff that can be added. I want a supportable implementation so looking at how best to integrate everything.

I see I can add the neohub as either a homekit device or using your integration. Can I ask what the motivation was to create this integration versus using home kit integration? What are the other benefits?

I have 15 thermostats and so far one heatmiser socket.
4 of the thermostats have remote air sensors.

Hi from me too, another new HA user with so much to learn.
Same question from me really, how do you chose one integration over another?
I’ve added this Neo-Hub integration and as it works so well, I’ll probably go no further. Many thanks to those who put in all the effort.
Screenshots:

@170bgrd - Replying to your GitHub question which is the same as here - pros and cons of this integration versus adding as homekit device · Issue #120 · MindrustUK/Heatmiser-for-home-assistant · GitHub

Probably best discussing things like this on the community forum than crowd the developers Issues tracker.

The pros and cons - Dont think there’s much of a con but there is a difference in terms of what each integration pulls in for available data from your thermostats… such as floor probe info which is not available in HomeKit integration.

Below is the screenshot of the differences of available data for the same thermostat using each integration. To me what @MindrustUK has done here blows HomeKit out of the water by far.

I guess the biggest con is that you have to be a type of user who likes to tinker and install / manage custom integrations (and deal with possible issues that come up when say Home Assistant introduce a breaking change and developer of the integration just doesn’t have the time to fix it quick enough). If you do not want this problem, then stick to HomeKit as its a one and done (to degree, they do break occasionally also) as its a core integration and all managed within the Home Assistant rolling updates.

1 Like

Thank you very helpful indeed. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

1 Like

Hi, if I have an Internet outage will home assistant still be able to control the heating and hot water using this system?
Thanks

I can’t remember if I ever tried this or not, but the API is fully local so it should work.

1 Like

I have a question! Will the integration work with the NeoAir V3? It talks to the neohub, so i’m guessing it will?

I’m putting in a new system with 2 UFH zones and HW control so my other option would be 2 x Neostat V2 and 1 x Neostat HW V2 which looks like it shoud be fine. The V3 does heat and HW in one unit but is battery powered. Might be better with the V2s anyway now i’ve typed it out, but the question is worth asking still.

Everything I’ve read suggests the NeoAir V3 should work so long as it’s paired to the NeoHub V2. Unfortunately I don’t have one to test with so I can’t confirm. Likewise it ‘should’ work with the NeoHub Mini but I don’t have one to test with and confirm. If you do go down this route please post an update for the community to have on record.

1 Like