Heatmiser Neo-hub support, ugly and work in progress

All of a sudden in the last couple of days getting this as showing unavailable.

Have tried re-adding the integration and nothing. I can ping the hub, and its working in the heatmiser app, but unable to connect from HA.
I’ve power-cycled the hub and nothing.
No changes on my network and all other devices are still functioning fine.

Any ideas?

Can you check if port 4242 on the neohub is open for TCP connections? Mine too has stopped working and I can’t see 4242 open any more on the nehub. I wonder if heatmiser have disabled this via update?

I contacted Heatmiser support - you now have to enable “Legacy API” in the settings on the phone App to re-enable port 4242:

One further update from Heatmiser… If you do not use the API for 48hrs it will revert (in current version of software):
And one further update from Heatmiser… if you don’t use the API for 48 hours it will get reverted (in the current version until they update it)

1 Like

I have the same issue, does anyone know how to get this integration to show up again ?

Awesome, thanks.
Found the toggle, turned it on and viola, integration working.
Super annoying they’ve done that.
Will email customer service and request a permenant solution.
Or maybe the integration will keep it open, given it polls for the readings and status all the time.
Wish they’d state when they do updates like this.

Thanks again @a1fred0

Setting can be found in the Heatmiser app.

1. Settings on the bottom bar
  2. API Access
  3. Toggle Legacy API

See my post below.

I did do an nmap and got nothing so did think the same, that they’d disabled it with an update.
Good reaching out to them though and they were responsive.

Hi @bobsylas I have stopped using homekit and switched to this: GitHub - MindrustUK/Heatmiser-for-home-assistant: Heatmiser Neo-Hub / Neostat support for home-assistant.io

Hi @Jim123 I too am now using [GitHub - MindrustUK/Heatmiser-for-home-assistant: Heatmiser Neo-Hub / Neostat support for home-assistant.io] my stats work fine but my neo plug if switched on by home assistant turns off after 30 mins, if switched on by the heatmiser app home assistant will not turn it off?

@bobsylas Not too sure about that one, I have a neo plug so I’ll test it out and let you know. I’m just using it as a repeater currently.

1 Like

Hi,

just to add

Just to add to this, it cannot be done via the PC app, nor the old Solfex Neo app on Android. I’ve had to install the new “Heatmiser Neo” from the Android appstore to find this option.

Hadn’t realised there was a PC version, or another app, been using the Heatmiser Neo app for 2+ years

Anyone know if there is a “new” API that replaces the “legacy” API we’ve been using all this time? Or is it just a euphemism to say Heatmiser don’t really like exposing their API…

Hi All,

Trying to use this with a Heatmiser Neo hub, I have enabled the legacy API, and added the entries to configuration.yaml:
screenshot-homeassistant.local_8123-2022.04.24-17_51_12
I don’t get any thermostats or the hub showing up in HA.

Is there something else I need to do?

Hello everyone,

I’m in the UK and I’ve got several NeoStat thermostats (from Heatmiser) in my home. They have been working fine so I decided to purchase the NeoHub. But I cannot get the hub working.

The instructions are simple enough. Ensure your neoHub is connected to your main router and not a switch. Turn on the neoHub and wait for the LINK LED to turn AMBER. Note: NeoHub LINK LED colour: RED = Internal network access. AMBER = Connected to Heatmiser Cloud. If the LED doesn’t go AMBER, this indicates a block on your network in the connection to our Cloud servers.

My situation is exactly as described above. The NeoHub LINK LED flashes red initially (presumably connecting to my router), but then stays solid red (presumably because it can’t connect to the Heatmiser Cloud). However, the instructions from Heatmiser don’t say anything else apart from try switching the NeoHub off and on again. Any thoughts? Thanks for reading.

I had this problem with the Neohub, and it seemed like it may have been due to having a router behind my ISP supplied one, as when I just switched to just the ISP supplied one, after about 30 seconds the amber light came on.

All I want to do now is automate it from Home Assistant.

Hiya, sorry I know going back some way, but just wondering if you ever found a solution to this? My Neo Plug turns itself off ~30 seconds after turning on from Home Assistant, so can’t use Home Assistant to control it at all sadly (though it recognises it, reads states from it etc, and can turn it on / off, but it automatically seems to reset itself to previous state after 30 seconds)

Just raised an issue for this in http://github.com/Mindrust/Heatmiser-for-home-assistant

The latest versions should be installed by HACS and you configure by the UI.