Heatmiser NetMonitor integration

There’s already a heatmiser integration for the newer Neo systems, but I have an older Heatmiser NetMonitor system, which has a central box to connect to for control of thermostats. I decided to write a control for it, which you can find at

If anyone else has one of these ancient systems then hopefully you’ll find it useful

1 Like

Hi Martin. I too have an ancient Netmonitor, which I’ve wrestled with deciding what to do with it for a while as it’s currently standalone, so this looks like it could be perfect. I am a complete newbie with Home Assistant, so I wondered if you would mind helping me understand what I need to do with the files on GitHub to create the integration? Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers. Ash

Hi Ash, you download the files by going to https://github.com/mmillmor/home-assistant-components clicking on the Code button and picking download zip. That will download a zip file with all of my custom components in it, but you just want the ones in the " heatmiser_netmonitor" folder. Copy that to the custom_components directory. There are guides online on how to copy things there, e.g. Home Assistant - adding Custom Component - SmartMe.

Then you just need to add the component like you would any other component.

I hope that helps

Martin

Thanks Martin. I’ll give that a go. I appreciate your help.

Brilliant work, Martin! Got it setup and working perfectly.

One further question: I have a couple of PRT-N/HW stats in my system linked to the NetMonitor that provide switching for hot water and there doesn’t seem to be an option to enable those. Do you have any of those and do you know if there is an easy way of adding that functionality to Home Assistant? Cheers

You are correct - I haven’t added the hot water control. It’s a good suggestion though.

I have added hot water integration now. The netmonitor doesn’t allow you to simply turn the hot water on and off though - in particular not off. It only turns off by timer, by cancelling a boost, or by pressing a physical button on the thermostat. And turning it on is only by boost, so when you turn it on in the control, I boost for 24 hours.

If you want to control 100% by home assistant, I suggest you don’t set a hot water timer so it is always off, and only set it on via home assistant, remembering that it will turn off automatically after 24 hours.

Martin

Hi Martin. This is brilliant! Got it working on my HA. Thanks for sharing. Ash

1 Like

Hi Martin - new adopter, and struggling with some of the more complex aspects of HA. I am struggling with adding your Netmonitor files to the Custom_Components directory - do you have or point me towards a more detailed step by step for adding Netmonitor?

You can now use HACS to add this component instead of downloading and installing directly. If you don’t have HACS, you can find installation instructions at Download | HACS. Then you can add GitHub - mmillmor/heatmiser_netmonitor: Heatmiser Netmonitor integration for home assistant as a custom repo in HACS to install this

Thanks Martin - got it! Now got to work out the hot water bit, but will do that slow time once after summer when the system is back on and working