HELP! Alexa / hacloud proactively turning off lights

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to HA - just transitioning in the past month from Smartthings, which i’ve used for around 4 years.

Last 2 nights, around 2:37 and without any automation or manual order from my part, Alexa (through home assistant cloud) started sending “ReportState” to all the lights of the house, and turned off all the house lights that were on.

On the logbook, this was registered:

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, and how to stop it?

This is causing me some problems because there are lights that I need to stay on during the night (for example, there’s a small light next to the front door, that turns green when the alarm is armed, so my wife will not open the door inadvertently; this morning, because alexa turned it off, she opened the door to go to work and the alarm was activated :confused: )

Any help would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

Filipe

Look in your Alexa and see if you have ‘hunches’ turned on. If so, did Alexa believe yoi were asleep and some of those lights should be off?

2 Likes

100% sure this is hunches. The most wonderful feature in alexa (sarcasm)

2 Likes

Just checked, all hunches were turned on.

Problem solved.

You guys are amazing :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

That feature auto turns on, this comes up quite a bit in the forums. It’s always alexa turning on lights at 2am… no clue how that even happens with an AI…

2 Likes