Help an ideas on a Gas tank measument dashboard

Hello everyone and nice to meet ya all , Sorry if i post this at the wrong category .

on topic:
I got a gass install at my house , using a rented gasTank from a Service that supplies LPG for home use . Nutural gas lines from the city where too expencive to build thus we went with that service .

The tank itself is loaned to us for the duration of the contract and we cannot tamper with it . !

For measuring and "having control " of how much gas we spent (so we know when to call up for a refill ) we installed this meter .

that as per its datasheet and the test on the label 1 imp=0.01m3 we know that we can attach a reed switch on it and get the measurement .

the issue with this approach (not having a gauge accsesible to know how much you have avalable ) is that you can run out of LPG very easy . Not fun especialy in the winter.

HA came to mind with its dashboard , and with a cupple of searches i found some intresting topics .
a) how to read data from the meter
b) a gas guage for HA.

The second option was exactly what i wanted
but he wasnt geting the data from the meter but from the guage on the tank it self
a way better solution in this problem if you ask me , but not applicable here because my contract limits me from tampering with the LPG tank .

ill propably need a way to infrom HA when i refilled the tank and with how much gas .

So , i came here to ask for any help and your oppinions in this project

I think you may try to use Home Assistant Glow to read data from meter:

It allows you to measure gas consumption by counting indicator blinks. Works fine for me with electric power meter.

I’m using Sonoff TH10 instead of generic ESP32. It has one free pin in TH socket, and it is enough to connect photo diode. So I have two sensors - power and temperature meters.

Thanks for that , as i said at #1 , i have found a way get readings from the meter

but , im lost on how to make somthing like a guage for my tank :

The contract i have with that service limits me in the way i cannot “tamper” with the tank thus a proper sensor like this :

cannot be installed , i have to work with the counts from the meter
Even if they are “out” of the absolute value

Do you or anyone else have more details about that sensor in the picture? Something tells me that sensor doesn’t “tamper” wit the tank. I saw a video on how to test if the gauge used in the tanks work, and seems if you place a gauge ontop of a working gauge (one that is installed in a tank with pressure), the gauge you place on top will give the same reading as the installed one if working properly.

That makes me believe the sensor with the black wire just gets placed on top of existing gauge without having to do anything to it.