Help...can't access Node Red!

Is it possible to recover my flows? I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, rolled back to older versions, moved to an older snapshot of HA and no matter what I do, I get a 502 Gateway Error. This all started when I upgraded to v3.1.1

I desperately need help, as I’m completely unable to access or use Node Red which houses ALL of my automations.

Thank you!

Flows are stored in the node-red directory, assuming you are using an add-on and hassio.

1 Like

Here is where the log seems to breakdown:

24 May 09:22:13 - Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, open '/tmp'
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! hassio-addon-node-red@ start: `node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js "--settings" "/etc/node-red/config.js"`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the hassio-addon-node-red@ start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2019-05-24T14_22_13_630Z-debug.log
[09:22:13] INFO: Starting Node-RED...
> hassio-addon-node-red@ start /opt
> node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js "--settings" "/etc/node-red/config.js"

I uninstalled, renamed the node-red folder, reinstalled and now I can access NR. I get how I can get my flows back, but how do I get all the various nodes I previously had installed? Is that also stored somewhere?

I would expect them to be in the same directory in a hidden directory called .node-modules?

I don’t use Hassio, so I can only assume

I’ve also been having issues with node-red not loading when upgrading nodeRED from v0.19.4 to the latest version, did you also upgrade NodeJS at the same time?