Help Editing Poll Settings

I have a few z wave switches that don’t send updates to the controller when their state changes so I set polling to 5 minutes in the method described here. I now would like to set different intervals for each device and don’t know how to adjust polling.

I could follow the steps in the post linked above, however that sets polling for all the switches that are the same device manufacturer, and in my case the switches are all the exact same. Does the polling variable live somewhere I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the ZWaveJS integration of ZWaveJSMQTT add-on.

Controller: Zooz ZST10
ZWaveJS Integration
ZWaveJSMQTT Add on
HA 2022.8.3

There’s no polling support in the Z-Wave JS integration. You can create your own time-based trigger automations that call the refresh_value service on the interval you wish.

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#my-device-does-not-automatically-update-its-status-in-ha-if-i-control-it-manually

But it says in that link polling can be enabled in ZWaveJs2MQTT. If I am going to automate polling (which sounds like the better way) I’d wanna confirm that polling is completely off on the Add-on side so I am not double polling by accident

Edit: Just checked the device history and it showing “Value Updated” every so often (not always at the 5 mins polling interval I set) so polling is definitely happening. No idea how to turn it off, looks like my instant status devices are polling now too

If you enabled polling in z2m, then just reverse the process to remove it. Click the red trash can icon next to the Value that’s listed.

Perhaps I’m not really following your question. You either enable polling in z2m as the linked post describes, or the alternative method is to do it in HA with automations as I posted. There is no other method to do so, the driver software does not implement polling natively.

Oddly enough I re-added polling and this time it showed up in the values section. I’ll delete it and set polling via an automation. Maybe the whole time there wasn’t any polling happening and the value updates were something else.