Help finding cause of error in Log

Hi, can someone please help. I get the following error on startup but it doesn’t really help me to find where it is.

I presume its an error with a script but how can I identify which script it relates to?

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:807
First occurred: 4 November 2022 at 10:54:57 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4 November 2022 at 10:54:57

Invalid config for [script]: value must be one of [‘brightness_decrease’, ‘brightness_increase’, ‘flash’, ‘toggle’, ‘turn_off’, ‘turn_on’] for dictionary value @ data[‘type’]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 81).

What happened at 10:54:57? Can you see something related in the logbook?

Can’t find anything in logbook at that exact time. However I think that is when Home Assistant started

How many scripts do you have? In doubt, you have to go through them. :neutral_face:

I have quite a few scripts. Will I need to go through them all :frowning:

I wish home assistant gives better clues to where these errors might be.

I agree so much. Alternatively, you wait until the error message appears again.

I can do but this error and message appears everytime home assistant starts. Is there no other tools I can use to inspect maybe my scripts to see which is causing the error?

Maybe Watchman, but I’m not really sure. Can you narrow it down by searching for scripts that handle a light action?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the headsup with Watchman, I was able to find a script that was in the YAML scripts file but not in the UI. So very strange, but atleast I was able to find the orphaned script.

Glad to hear!