Help Getting Started - Adding devices without available integration

Hi, new to Home Assistant (OS core-2021.12.5) and I am having trouble connecting all of my devices!

Connected:

These were added quickly through the tplink integration.

Here are the remainder of my devices (current access with Alexa/WIZ/enbrighten) -

Opens:

Curious:

How do you connect these remaining devices? It is not clear to me, I have tried syncing my Alexa content through the AWS Lambda interface but this is a steep ramp, is there a clean way to add these devices? :thinking:

Need more information please. Down to the exact model number. Sengled, for instance makes both WiFI and Zigbee a19 bulbs but you work with them very differently. Model number matters.

2 Likes
1 Like

lol that post was thrown up, and halted quickly - up here in Seattle now in the mid-teens! Scrambled back into the warm bedroom there; all model # & hyperlinks posted now

Interested to learn here! Let me know when available, much appreciated

1 Like

Ahhh - a lot of bluetooth and wifi stuff. Understand why you’re having issues. You’ll basically need to go through each of these devices and figure out what technology they’re using then figure out how to integrate that. I assume that’s what you’ve been doing as none of these show up in the native integrations.

The Home Assistant Community Store (HACS) however, will be your friend. It will get or help with SOME of these. HACS (github.com)](HACS · GitHub)

HACS integrations are those that are developed and provided by the community. Some are good, some - not as polished, but will allow you to expand. While HACS comes with a full list of integrations, new ones come all the time and some folks don’t list their stuff in a catalog. So you may have to look there for some of these. Some, like Wiz, WORK with HACS to install but aren’t installed as a HACS repository by default. In the case of Wiz, just googling: Wiz homeassistant yields:

sbidy/wiz_light: A WiZ Light integration for Home Assistant (github.com)

So for that one, you’ll have to install HACS, then setup the repo so HACS ‘sees’ it, THEN install the repo from HACS to HA, then finally configure it in HA. (Yes, it’s a lot. sorry.)

the same trick for Enbrighten: enbrighten wiwi homeassistant links to this arcicle on the community site: Enbrighten/Jasco Wifi Devices - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io) (Hint: it’s Tuya, treat it as such)

and TBH I’ve zero clue what to do about Bluetooth mesh if that’s supported by ANYthing so I will leave that to others.

Finally, I’d also advise trolling the following threads which will absolutely help your learning - especially with device connectivity. It will help you decide on what protocols are right for you and what to look for in future devices.

Zigbee vs Z-Wave vs WiFi - Hardware - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

@NathanCu, you rock. Thank you for this detail I will do my diligence & homework, back with results in a few

1 Like