Help installing home assistant supervised on ubuntu on odroid n2+

so i tried to install it on my device and it didnt work. does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? and what version of ubuntu i should use thats supported-ish. or the most supported it could be. i used 20.04 and ran some script thing that was supposed to install home assistant supervised and it didnt work. one didnt install and the other didnt have supervisor. i have a backup of my installation but idk how to restore it without supervisor. thought maybe it would install supervisor. any help getting it installed on another operating system so i can do other things as well would be appreciated.

Ubuntu is not a supported OS. Use Debian if you want to run on Linux.

1 Like

Oh. Thought Ubuntu was essentially Debian. My bad. Do you know where I can find an official download of Debian for the odroid n2+?

You’re right in the sense that Ubuntu is Debian-based, but there are many differences too. I think the most notable is stability and the software such as libraries and drivers you’ll get — and some of these may cause trouble for HA installations. You may well find some people that are able to help, but you are unlikely to get much sympathy via the official channels here. Unfortunately, I run Debian myself (I prefer it anyway) so I don’t have any experience with odroid2. I’m assuming you want low level control of the OS, otherwise you could install HAOS. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

That makes sense, I didn’t think that far ahead lol, thought if Raspbian works maybe Ubuntu mate will.

Do you happen to know where I can download a debian image for my odroid n2+ though? I just wanna be able to Install other stuff to my machine. Seems like overkill to use it only for home assistant.

In case you’re still looking, here’s some information on an image for n2+

I do appreciate that, however I wound up just using an image of home assistant and installing everything else on a server I have running home assistant and a spare raspberry pi I found lying around. I was wondering if I can install the operating system to a conventional 2.5 ssd and boot home assistant from that somehow so I can use a larger drive and have it last longer from less overall use and a ssd intended for high read write. Probably not going to be doing anything at the moment for it but it would be nice to know.

The os can be installed on either emmc or sd. emmc is far superior to any sd from both read write speed and the number of writes that they can handle. As such, if the platform supports emmc I’d highly recommend you utilizing emmc. If you use a rasberry pi you’d be stuck with an sd drive.