Help: Natural Gas Metering

I contacted my gas supplier, ATMOS Energy, to get authorization to attach a hall effect sensor to my meter, but the agent was not helpful and advised against doing so. ATMOS does not have an API and my area does not have access to the Sensus API.
My meter is a B424 with a Sensus Flexnet 300GM, I’m looking for alternatives to track my gas consumption without using a camera (not an ideal location for a camera) or attaching anything to the meter.
My first thought was to look for a 3/4" gas flow meter, but I’m not seeing anything.

Recommendations?

1 Like

You could take a look at this article and see if it offers you any insight:

Have you tried rtlamr with a 900mhz usb dongle? Is flexnet something they added to an older meter or is it a all in one thing? I believe in most places you can install a second meter for yourself. Its just a pain in the ass and the gas company probably wont be real quick on helping. Im lucky my meter broadcasts an unencrypted signal every 5ft lbs used

Flexnet is a communication network by Sensus and something added to an older meter which from my research is typically encrypted.
I have not tried rtlamr, I know nothing about the process and am not sure what hardware is needed for it but if it’s possible would work out best since the water meter uses the same Sensus Flexnet system. Can you recommend hardware that would allow me to explore rtlarm?
I was leaning toward doing my own gas meter and have been researching cheap ways to do this, but I haven’t come up with much yet.