Help needed, fitting Sonoff ZBMINI-L2 in bathroom pull switch

Hi all,

I recently replaced my bathroom light fixture from a E27 bulb fitting to an LED fixture it looks much better, but I cannot control the light like I used to with a smart bulb.

To combat this I purchased a ZBMINI-L2, I chose this as being in the UK I have no Neutral in the existing pull cord switch in the bathroom. I fitted the Sonoff and paired it to ZHA and it works perfectly, but I cannot fit it in the existing surface mount base for the pull cord switch (round). I have no access to the ceiling space and the cable hole is not big enough to push the Sonoff up and out the way.

I have been unable to find a larger round base pull cord switch, and although it sounds sad, I like the feel of the action of the existing switch and don’t want a cheap feeling one just because it is large.

I currently feel like I have two options:

• replace the pull switch with a square style and a deep backbox - but try and find one without neon or and ‘on’ ‘off’ indicator as that will annoy me as it won’t be in synced with the light if changed by HA.

-find or 3d print a spacer for the existing round back box that allows me to gain more space by installing a collar between the base and switch.

Any help/ suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated, has anyone else had this problem, how did/ would you solve it?

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

P.s it needs fixing, not being able to switch off the light if it has been forgotten is driving me and the wife mad!