Help needed for creating a custom climate entity in Home Assistant (Core) and Node-Red

Hi. I’m trying to fully integrate a Tuya fan heater in Home Assistant, a Bimar HP120.
Using the standard Tuya integration, HA sees the heater as a climate device. The integration works quite good except a few discrepancies with the controls within the TuyaSmart app:
within the climate card in HA, the power button can only power off the heater, so it doesn’t work as a toggle switch;
changing the target temperature slide puts the heater in a sort of “auto” mode, so depending on the difference between the target and current temperature the heater automatically switches in “high heating”, “low heating” and “heating off” modes, and there’s no way to manually control the heating power;
the heater can oscillate horizontally, but there’s no way to control the oscillation within HA.
I’ve tried using the LocalTuya integration but it didn’t worked.
Finally I’ve used node-red to communicate with the heater and it works like a charm. Now, I would integrate that node-red flow in HA and I don’t know at all how do that.
I’ve used that great node at GitHub - subzero79/node-red-contrib-tuya-local: NodeRED node to control tuya devices locally. Based on tuyapi module, if I’m not wrong the author suggests to use mqtt as bridge between HA and Node-Red.
Do you have any suggestion for me to simplify my work?
Thank you very much!

The example should set up a climate entity. You will need mqtt installed first. It’s pretty simple. First go to the supervisor addon store and install the mqtt addon. Then add the integration on the configuration page. Make sure auto discover is enabled.

Once that is running import the flow and change the relevant parts. You should then find a new entity under the mqtt integration.

Thanks! It worked like a charm :slight_smile: