Help please with Supervisor panel not loading

I need some help: my Home Assistant installation has lost contact with the supervisor.

I’ve been running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 4 for over a year. A few days ago I started getting the message “Cannot load the Supervisor panel!” when I go to Configuration > Add-ons, Backups & Supervisor.

I’ve tried restarting with the HA Configuration > Server Controls > Server Management > RESTART, but this fails to restart. As a last restort I power-cycled the RPi but it did came back in the same state.

Several Zigbee light switches have been dropping out over the last few days, and it was when I investigated this that I noticed the supervisor problem. HA is functioning OK apart from this.

The Observer reports:

Supervisor: Connected
Supported: Supported
Healthy: Healthy

System Health says:

System Health

error unknown

Home Assistant Community Store

MANAGE

GitHub API ok
GitHub Content ok
GitHub Web ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining 5000
Installed Version 1.23.0
Stage running
Available Repositories 1007
Downloaded Repositories 2

Home Assistant Cloud

[MANAGE]

Logged In false
Reach Certificate Server ok
Reach Authentication Server ok
Reach Home Assistant Cloud ok

Home Assistant Supervisor

[MANAGE]

error unknown

Lovelace

[MANAGE]

Dashboards 1
Resources 0
Views 5
Mode storage

Spotify

Spotify API endpoint reachable ok

The error log includes entries like these:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: helpers/system_info.py:57
First occurred: 17:19:25 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:19:25

Error during setup of component usb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 227, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/usb/init.py”, line 97, in async_setup
await usb_discovery.async_setup()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/usb/init.py”, line 128, in async_setup
await self._async_start_monitor()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/usb/init.py”, line 139, in _async_start_monitor
info = await system_info.async_get_system_info(self.hass)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/system_info.py”, line 57, in async_get_system_info
info_object[“supervisor”] = info.get(“supervisor”)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get’

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/hassio/init.py:725
First occurred: 17:19:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:19:23

Error setting up entry Supervisor for hassio
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 327, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/init.py”, line 647, in async_setup_entry
coordinator = HassioDataUpdateCoordinator(hass, entry, dev_reg)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/init.py”, line 725, in init
self.is_hass_os = “hassos” in get_info(self.hass)
TypeError: argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.addon_panel
Source: components/hassio/addon_panel.py:75
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:19:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:19:23

Can’t read panel info:

Try the following console command:

ha supervisor repair
1 Like

Hi @tom_l and thanks for your reply.

How do I access the console?

I tried a keyboard and monitor on the RPi but nothing shows on the screen.
I have used SSH before via an add-on, but due to the supervisor problem I cannot get to the add-ons to enable it.

Thanks

@barneyhawes any update on this? have you managed to resolve this. I have the same issue (supervisor not loading) and not sure how I can run ha supervisor command.

It turned out that I had a corrupt SD card. I replaced it and restored a backup, and the problem was resolved.

can you please inform me what type of backup you restore from ? as I am also having the same issue.

I use the Google Drive Backup add on to make automatic backups, but any recent backup made in HA should be fine.

thanks, but I discovered that the backup’s don’t content all the data within HA, so I will look at something different, like backing up the qcow file

They should. What was missing?

Did you do a partial or full backup?

I’m sorry but that wasn’t your problem…MY SSD is perfect and I’m having the same problem… you solved yours because you restored your system using a good backup image… nothing else…

I have the same issue now when I got my Home Assistant Yellow. Everything works fine for a while and then it feels like I loose all connection to all of my different integrations that is puld from cloud.
BR
Tomas