Help Setting Up Nortek Z-Wave on Rasp Pi

I’m setting up the z-wave HUSBZ-1 controller in Python virtual environment. I’ve followed the directions on how to set up the z-wave controller, but unfortunately I’m still receiving the error below.

2018-11-13 21:36:02 WARNING (Dummy-25) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification DriverFailed : {‘notificationType’: ‘DriverFailed’, ‘homeId’: 0, ‘nodeId’: 255}

My config reads as follows:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0

I’ve tried every tty USB variant which includes ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, ttyAMA0, and ttyS0. After trying all four types of devices within the configuration file I receive the exact same error.

For the Pi, I’ve enabled the serial interface as indicated in the setup instructions as well as installed all supporting Python

I’m unsure if it has any bearing, but I’m also trying to set up t he zigbee portion of the Nortek USB stick and running into issues there as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also should note that I verified that home assist has read and write permissions to all of the USB devices in addition to completing all of the troubleshooting steps in the documentation.

If there is an additional log that I can provide to be more useful, please let me know how to go about doing that. I’m only a few months into the whole Linux/Raspberry scene. Thanks for any assistance!

Did you read the docs on finding the actual path?

I also like this method as the path can change, but the serial ID does not.

Make sure you have the right path and then troubleshoot from there.

That’s a great suggestion. I haven’t tried that approach and will when I get home this evening. I’ll report back if there’s still issues!

So, I tried both of the links that you had provide(thanks!). I typed the following command to see where the USB device location:

$ ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Nov 13 22:13 usb-Silicon_Labs_HubZ_Smart_Home_Controller_612019D6-if00-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Nov 13 22:13 usb-Silicon_Labs_HubZ_Smart_Home_Controller_612019D6-if01-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB1

So, this tells me that it’s using both USB0 (presumably z wave) and USB1 (zigbee?). I’ve tried both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 in the configuration file with similar results.

I also tried listing the USB devices with the following results.

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 10c4:8a2a Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. 
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I also tried listing the USB based on the official troubleshooting techniques.

$  ls -ltr /dev/tty*|tail -n 1
crw--w---- 1 root tty       4,  1 Nov 13 22:13 /dev/tty1

I’ve tried modifying everything in the configuration.yml file and still receiving the same error even when using the serial path.

2018-11-14 17:31:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry OnHub for upnp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 241, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/upnp/__init__.py", line 128, in async_setup_entry
    await device.async_add_port_mappings(ports, local_ip=local_ip)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/upnp/device.py", line 69, in async_add_port_mappings
    internal_port)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/upnp/device.py", line 90, in _async_add_port_mapping
    lease_duration=None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/async_upnp_client/igd.py", line 195, in async_add_port_mapping
    await action.async_call(
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'async_call'
2018-11-14 17:31:35 WARNING (Dummy-25) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification DriverFailed : {'nodeId': 255, 'notificationType': 'DriverFailed', 'homeId': 0}
2018-11-14 17:34:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of weather.my_ecobee is taking over 10 seconds
2018-11-14 17:34:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating ecobee weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15
2018-11-14 17:35:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating ecobee weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15
2018-11-14 17:35:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating ecobee weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15
2018-11-14 17:35:29 WARNING (Thread-22) [pyecobee] Error connecting to Ecobee.  Possible connectivity outage.
2018-11-14 17:36:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave not ready after 300 seconds, continuing anyway
2018-11-14 17:36:53 ERROR (Thread-19) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 697, in _finalize_start
    network.set_poll_interval(polling_interval, False)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/openzwave/network.py", line 894, in set_poll_interval
    self.manager.setPollInterval(milliseconds, bIntervalBetweenPolls)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/openzwave/network.py", line 564, in manager
    raise ZWaveException(u"Manager not initialised")
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: 'Zwave Generic Exception : Manager not initialised'
2018-11-14 17:38:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of climate.my_ecobee is taking over 10 seconds
2018-11-14 17:38:48 WARNING (Thread-21) [pyecobee] Error connecting to Ecobee.  Possible connectivity outage.
2018-11-14 17:41:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.my_ecobee_humidity fails
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 221, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 349, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

At last attempt, the configuration file reads:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_HubZ_Smart_Home_Controller_612019D6-if00-port0 

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated as I’m pretty much at a stopping point now. :frowning: