Help setting up Sunsynk Addon

Hi. I’m new to Home Assistant and trying to get the Sunsynk multi addon to work. I have a RS485-USB adapter as per the doucmentation, but struggling to understand the steps needed to integrate this addon. Obviously the documentation assumed a certain amount if knowledge that I don’t have!

I’ve set up MQTT (I think) and am trying to start the SUnsynk addon but get:

" Device ‘/dev/ttyAMA0’ does not exist in Sunsynk/Deye Inverter Add-on (multi) (4bb530c7_hass-addon-sunsynk-multi). "

Any thoughts?

Make sure you select something in the DEBUG_DEVICE (at the bottom of the config page)

Can you share your Inverters config?

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve got to the next stage now, but I think the step I’m stuck on just now is the inverter port as this is throwing an error in the log. How do I find this port?

Did you look at the DEBUG_DEVICE?

Yeah, realised the RS485-USB hadn’t loaded properly. Got a stage further now, switched on the debug, error log:

2023-05-19 17:00:23,517 WARNING Executing <Task finished name='Task-2' coro=<uSunsynk.read_holding_registers() done, defined at /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sunsynk/usunsynk.py:59> exception=SerialException(5, "could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0: [Errno 5] I/O error: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0'") created at /usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py:462> took 6.942 seconds
2023-05-19 17:00:23,519 ERROR   Read Error: <class 'Exception'>: (1,3,5) [Errno 5] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0: [Errno 5] I/O error: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0'
2023-05-19 17:00:23,543 INFO    ############################################################
2023-05-19 17:00:23,543 INFO    No response on the Modbus interface serial:///dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0, try checking the wiring to the Inverter, the USB-to-RS485 converter, etc

Try the first option here - Multi Version - Direct serial interface · Issue #131 · kellerza/sunsynk · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try that in a bit. Also realised the inverter has modbus serial set as 0 but it’s having a hissy fit if I try and change it! Finally got it online again so will give it another go

Thanks for your patience and help. I didn’t need to follow those previous options in the end. Once I’d managed to get the inverter to change to modbus SN 1 (from 0) it picked up the inverter. For some reason the inverter really struggled to change the setting and kept going into error mode. Eventually got there, after a factory reset and many more reboots!

I hadn’t got the MQTT setup correctly either but a youtube vid sorted that. Energy dashboard is saying I have to wait until sensors start showing but hopefully that’s it working!

Thanks for a great integration (find it was why I decided to try HA and hence why I have no idea what I’m doing!)

1 Like

@kellerza great add-on!
Getting a similar error after updating to HA OS 11.2. There is nothing listed under DEBUG_DEVICE no drop down either.
Tried changing the setting in YAML from /dev/ttyAMA0 to some of the items listed under dev like /dev/stdout but cannot save the config complaining the DEBUG_DEVICE was not found.

Error message trying to start add-on and saving config:
Device /dev/ttyAMA0 does not exist in Sunsynk/Deye Inverter Add-on (multi) (4bb530c7_hass-addon-sunsynk-multi).

Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: Have some automations that rely on the inverter info so I decided to revert back to OS 11.1 and now the add-on is working again. The DEBUG_DEVICE is /dev/ttyAMA0 as a single radiobutton and as such automatically selected