Help setting up the YLKG07YL, YLKG08YL dimmer switches

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc4014720f8> #<Tag:0x00007fc401472030> #<Tag:0x00007fc401471ef0> #<Tag:0x00007fc401471e28>

I had this bluetooth rotary dimmer switch knocking around in a drawer.
Just waiting for someone enable support in HA. Now it happened Ernst79 made it work with the HACS custom component Passive BLE Monitor integration.
I have found the bind_key and I am receiving ‘Dimmer value’, ‘Last type of press’ and ‘Rssi’
Normally I would make an automation. But I can not make it work properly.

I received 2 of these today. I will play around with the over the weekend.

I was trying to see if there was a blueprint for an automation, but I couldn’t find one specific for them. I will try to reuse the Phillips HUE or something like that.

I’ll let you know how I go.

2 Likes

Hey,
Anyone have some news about this specific integration?
I am about to buy some of these dimmers, but still waiting for some successful integrations.

@Nick398 did you get it working?

Yes! They work ok, but they have a few downsides.

• range is not great, it drops with walls and when I connect a USB drive to my raspberry pi
  • when you move the dinner, it reads a 1 step first, and then the actual steps that you moved the dial. This is inconvenient if you want to create an automation to dim a light based on the number of steps.
  • the device will go to sleep after some time so it may not register immediately when you use it again.

How this helps.

1 Like

I really wish that these kinds of devices were able to be used with ESP Home and an ESP32. This makes more sense than trying to get a signal to a home server stuck in a cupboard.

I know that there is a passive Bluetooth feature in ESP Home but it has limited coverage.

I have raised a feature request…