Help setting up Zero Tier

I’m considering a switch from using Nginx Proxy Manager + own domain + router DDNS to using Zero Tier after reading some threads where it seemed to be the most popular and easy option. Didn’t want to live with my eyes closed even when I’m happy with my current solution so far, so at least I want to give it a go and see myself.

I have set it up and managed to be able to access HA through the private network IP (both from phone and PC), so I guess that’s working. Now I’m trying to understand a bit more how this works and if I can make some improvements to match the experience I had previously. This is:

• Instead of using a crappy 10.155.xx.xx IP address + :8123 (the port), I very much prefer using a cleaner easy to remember domain. Do most people work as is or is this doable?
  • Similar to above. I see I’m able to access other add-ons and services in my network just changing the port as if I was local. I was using subdomains to access my different addons, and found it very useful and clean. Again, all SSL and easy to remember. Is this doable?
  • When accessing via the IP and port, it shows as non secure just like it does when I access locally. This makes me uncomfortable. Is there a way to apply SSL to this way of connecting as well?

Less important but kind of annoying:

• Do I have to learn to live with the VPN permanent notification in my Android phones now?

I can understand the simplicity of setting this up, as I spent a long time when I initially set up my reverse proxy (even if now I’d do it in 5min, like everything in HA). But if I cannot fix these few things, it feels like a half baked solution and I’m surprised so many people like it as the go to way of remote access.

Many thanks!

PS: don’t get too technical with the VPN stuff please. It’s not a field I understand too deeply.