Help using TP-Link HS110 to automate washing machine

I have a HS110 hooked up to my washing machine, my goal is to make it do something (either notify my phone, or use google assistant to broadcast to speakers in the house, or hey, maybe both!)

The current power w on the HS110 reads 0.0 when the washing machine is not in use, so I was thinking that anytime it’s below 0.05W for greater than 60 seconds, trigger the automation.

I can’t figure out how to do that part within the GUI if that’s possible?
Also, is there a way to make Google Assistant say something on a specific speaker or even all speakers in the house?

New to all the automation business, thanks!

Sure, that’s a numeric state trigger. You’ll need to create a template sensor to use the power monitoring data in a numeric state trigger. You could also just do a template trigger instead of making a template sensor to use in a numeric state trigger but I don’t know how well templates work in the UI editor (I don’t use the UI automation editor).

To make an announcement on one or more speakers that you have connected to home assistant (I’m assuming Google Homes here), you can use one of the text-to-speech integrations such as Google TTS.

This is my version of what you what to accomplish.

My washing machine tends to move around a little on standby with small spikes up to about 8w I think, so I set my threshold at 10w. You can always play around with the value.

I use Alexa for announcements, but the same methodology applies to Google TTS. You can adjust as needed.

I hope you find it useful.

# WASHING MACHINE IS ON STANDBY - TURN OFF #
- alias: Washing Machine is on Standby - Turn Off
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    platform: template
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.kogan_pow_1_energy_power') | int < 10 }}"
    for:
      seconds: 90
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_off
      entity_id: switch.kogan_pow_1
    - service: media_player.volume_set
      data_template:
        entity_id: media_player.lounge
        volume_level: 0.5
    - delay:
        seconds: 2
    - service: notify.alexa_media
      data_template:
        target: media_player.lounge
        data:
          type: tts
        message: '{{ ["Your filthy clothes are clean again", "The washing is done", "Go and hang out your clothes", "The washing has finished", "Clothes are clean and smell amazing"] | random }}'