Help validate I2C config with multiplexer and temp sensor

Hi, I having been trying for more than a week, I am trying to get an ESP32 connested to a MUX pca9548a (but I have been told that it’s compatible with tca9548a) at the moment I have just one sensor contactless temp sensor mlx90614 but I have not been able to get it to work.
Could someone please share a working configuration where or provide some ideas to help validate my configuration.
Where you are using this I2C multiplexer and temperature sensors? Thanks in advanced.

esphome:
  name: my_sensor_node
  platform: ESP32
  board: esp32dev

#i2c bus
i2c:
  sda: GPIO21
  scl: GPIO22
  scan: false
  id: bus_a

#multiplexer

tca9548a:
  - i2c_id: bus_a
    id: multiplex0
    address: 0x70

channels:
      - bus_id: multiplex0channel0
        channel: 0

# Sensors

sensor:

- platform: mlx90614
    i2c_id: multiplex0channel0
    ambient:
      name: "multiplex0channel0 Ambient Temp"
    object:
      name: "multiplex0channel0 Object Temp"
    update_interval: 2s

Only one of the sensor is on at the moment.

Wiring + logs, please

Hi, I could only add an image on the initial post of the wiring, here is the relevant error that I could capture via the serial interface.

[D][mlx90614:112]: Got Temperature=nan°C Ambient=nan°C
[D][text_sensor:064]: 'Uptime Human Readable': Sending state '1m 30s'
[D][sensor:094]: 'Uptime Sensor': Sending state 89.89000 s with 0 decimals of accuracy
[D][sensor:094]: 'WiFi Signal Sensor': Sending state -67.00000 dBm with 0 decimals of accuracy
[ 91596][E][Wire.cpp:416] beginTransmission(): Unfinished Repeated Start transaction! Expected requestFrom, not beginTransmission! Clearing...
[ 91603][E][Wire.cpp:416] beginTransmission(): Unfinished Repeated Start transaction! Expected requestFrom, not beginTransmission! Clearing...
[ 91615][E][Wire.cpp:416] beginTransmission(): Unfinished Repeated Start transaction! Expected requestFrom, not beginTransmission! Clearing...