HELP WANTED - Trying to solve Torques HTTPS problem once and for all (for Android)

So I have, like many been frustrated with the Torque apps inability to send data back to HA when using a HTTPS url.

Although there certainly are solutions out there, they’re very hacky and could be quite daunting for the uninitiated.

I believe there is a better way… I discovered that the Torque dev(s) created an. AIDL file for their app. This is how the various plugins interact with the app.

My goal is to create a plugin that will grab any Torque logs and send them back to HA.

Here is the Github Repo:

Right now it’s VERY much a work in progress as I just took an old plugin example, striped it back and brought it up to date. Currently all the plugin does it list the available PIDs and show their values.

That’s where you (could) come in.

I’m looking for someone who knows how to prepare the Torque logs so HA can read them as if they were sent by the app.

1. don’t you think you should include a credit for the original aidl file in your repo. After all it is someone else’s work

2. Could you please provide a sample of the logs you wish to analyse?

1. Yes, and I will do just that. I haven’t started the readme yet but it will credit and link to all others relevant work / people like I always do.

2. I intend to dig out some logs today and do just that!

1 Like

Whatever happed to this project?

Nothing, Long storey short, life got in the way and now I have an 8 week old so I probably won’t be looking at it any time soon. :frowning:

If relevant, created a new docker image for Torque API that publishes MQTT message, you can find it with all the instructions at:

3 Likes

Hi there,

I have been trying to get your solution up & running on my Pi & am stuck trying to start it up, always getting the error below & it continually restarting. I confirmed I have a valid config.json file at /usr/src/app/config.json
Perhaps I installed it incorrectly? I am fairly new to gitlab & docker-compose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think your solution could be very helpful getting data from my EVs to HA.

sudo docker-compose up
torque-api is up-to-date
Attaching to torque-api
torque-api    | standard_init_linux.go:228: exec user process caused: exec format error
torque-api    | standard_init_linux.go:228: exec user process caused: exec format error

Hi. The problem is that @bar only made images to amd64 architecture. I don’t have skills to make an image to ARM (Raspberry PI). So, same problem here…

Ah, that makes sense of it then. Can’t believe I missed that! Thanks for the info, saves me continuing to bang my head against a wall :sweat_smile:

Hi
I have successfully setup your docker image, but i can’t find how to add the sensors into home assistant. I assume this does not make use of the discovery feature in home assistant?
Also, what APIKEY is meant to be specified in the config file? Where does this come from?

Thanks!

The docker repo moved to gitlab with all documentation, like is available in github or:

Hi, I am also on this long journey to get a vehicle talking to home assistant. Tried everything except reaching out, havent even gotten http data into HA or any of my other databases. Feel like your (bar) torque api docker container is a great solution if my monkey butt could get it working, stuck with the error:

API Key is not available in configuration
Cannot start API

What is APIKEY supposed to be?

Sounds like folks are able to get data sent via http, any suggestions on what i’m missing using that method, maybe using incorrect webserver URL

Another method ive seen is changing nginx settings, I use NPM so the guides don’t exactly line up.

Would prefer not to go through a Automate or macrodroid parsing style method since its much setup and most cases adding a single sensor requires an almost complete re-config of the parsing.

Thanks for all the info everyone has been contributing for me to be able get this far.