Help with Alexa TTS - notifications for son, instead of shouting

Hi, I am trying to create a tool for my partner to use with our son instead of her shouting up the stairs. As he normally has his headphones on while playing Fortnite.

So in her HA app, I have configured this card:
she selects a notification, like tea’s ready and then selects his bedroom show, which triggers the following automation.

It should snapshot his lights current state, increase the volume on his show, change the bedroom lights (group created in groups.yaml and under Light: in my config) to red and flash them (as he has his headphones on), speak the notification, decrease the volume on the show, restore the light snapshot, and change the Alex input_select back to None.

- id: '1611871238534'
  alias: Jacks Alexa notifications
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_select.alexa
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: scene.create
    data:
      scene_id: before
      snapshot_entities:
      - group.jacks_bedroom
  - delay: 00:00:01
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      rgb_color:
      brightness_pct: 100
      flash: long
    entity_id: group.jacks_bedroom
  - delay: 00:00:02
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      entity_id: media_player.bedroom_echo
      volume_level: '0.8'
  - service: notify.alexa_media
    data_template:
      data:
        type: tts
      message: Hey Jack, {{states.input_select.jack_phrases.state }}
      target: "{% if is_state('input_select.alexa', 'Dining Room') %}\n  media_player.dining_room_show\n\
        {% elif is_state('input_select.alexa', 'Jacks Bedroom') %}\n  media_player.bedroom_echo\n\
        {% elif is_state('input_select.alexa', 'Announce!') %}\n  group.everywhere\n\
        {% elif is_state('input_select.alexa', 'None') %}\n  false\n{% else %}\n false\n\
        {% endif %}\n"
  - service: scene.turn_on
    entity_id: scene.before
  - service: input_select.select_option
    data:
      option: None
    entity_id: input_select.alexa
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      entity_id: media_player.bedroom_echo
      volume_level: '0.5'
  mode: queued
  max: 10

I did have the notification speech working before I put in the light code. But now the light snapshot is taken, the lights change to red and flash red and that is it. No, notification and the snapshot is not restored.

I added the delays as I had seen this as fixes on other peoples posts. I have also tried it as mode: single and queued and currently neither work. Although, queued worked when it was just the notification.

This is meant to be buying my major points with my partner, so I really need to get it working.

All help gratefully received. Thank you.