I can find highly specific topics and solutions to my problems, but I am being challenged finding tutorials and overall guides onto how to accomplish tasks…
The task at hand now is “Camera Stored Video Playback”.
I have managed to link and configure my Reolink camera with Home Assistant and even managed to capture the motion detection events (thanks to this addon) so I won’t have to spent CPU on my pi4 and HA OS.
What I would like to do, is understand how you manage your cameras, particularly in the following areas:
- Do you store the video feeds of your camera?
- If so, do you store them on pi4 or elsewhere?
- How do you play back the stored video?
- With motion detection enabled, how do you review the video clips that triggered the motion detection? So playback stored video at the point in time motion sensor triggered.
- Do you have any kind of cloud integration to automatically stream your camera feeds to a cloud store for safety and security?
Can HA manage the above or I am asking too much?