Help with Energy/Solar usage readings

Hello there,

I think I’m getting wrong data from my energy meter, but I’m not sure. I’m using this EARU Energy Meter with LocalTuya. I’m able to get forwarded (from the grid) and reverse energy (to the grid). However, on peak times it looks weird.

Like all generated energy from solar panels going to the grid, which I find hard to believe that’s true since I work at home. Also, I’m getting different readings from the Energy Company, but only from what I send to the grid. The consumption value is close to the acceptable margin error.

I don’t have batteries so my connection looks like this:

| GRID | → Breaker → Energy Meter ↔ Load/Solar (Connected together)

My goal is to get real readings from what I’m exporting to the grid. At this point, I’m not sure if the issue is my Energy Meter(EARU), some HASS configuration, cabling or even energy company Meter.

Check that the sensors you are using in the Energy Dashboard set up are actually supplying the required values to the energy dashboard:

Grid Consumption:
Should be an energy sensor that is always positive that only shows how much energy you used from the grid. It should not include solar consumption (I believe this is where your problem may be).

Return to Grid:
Should be an energy sensor that is always positive that only shows how much you exported to the grid.

Solar Production:
Should be an energy sensor that is always positive that only shows how much solar energy you produced.

If your meter does not supply these exact sensors you may need to use template sensors to calculate them.

Hey Tom,

Thanks! I’ll double check that. By always positive you mean total_increasing or it can be increasing?

I’m also considering to install a Shelly PRO to compare the incoming data.

By positive I mean not less than zero.