Help with Grott

Sure

{"device": "TPxxx", "time": "2023-10-15T06:34:43", "buffered": "yes", "values": {"datalogserial": "GPxxx", "pvserial": "TPxxx", "pvstatus": 9, "pvpowerin": 0, "pv1voltage": 0, "pv1current": 0, "pv1watt": 0, "pv2voltage": 0, "pv2current": 0, "pv2watt": 0, "pvpowerout": 0, "pvfrequentie": 4997, "pvgridvoltage": 4023, "pvgridcurrent": 1, "pvgridpower": 398, "pvgridvoltage2": 4116, "pvgridcurrent2": 0, "pvgridpower2": 0, "pvgridvoltage3": 4104, "pvgridcurrent3": 0, "pvgridpower3": 0, "totworktime": 86454963, "eactoday": 0, "pvenergytoday": 0, "eactotal": 72540, "epvtotal": 77978, "epv1today": 0, "epv1total": 367, "epv2today": 0, "epv2total": 77611, "pvtemperature": 267, "pvipmtemperature": 261, "pvboosttemp": 252, "bat_dsp": 2, "eacharge_today": 0, "eacharge_total": 1682, "batterytype": 0, "uwsysworkmode": 9, "systemfaultword0": 0, "systemfaultword1": 0, "systemfaultword2": 0, "systemfaultword3": 4, "systemfaultword4": 32, "systemfaultword5": 0, "systemfaultword6": 0, "systemfaultword7": 0, "pdischarge1": 0, "p1charge1": 0, "vbat": 2, "SOC": 0, "pactouserr": 3200, "pactousertot": 3200, "pactogridr": 0, "pactogridtot": 0, "plocaloadr": 3200, "plocaloadtot": 3200, "spdspstatus": 9, "spbusvolt": 9, "etouser_tod": 33, "etouser_tot": 66980, "etogrid_tod": 0, "etogrid_tot": 108669, "edischarge1_tod": 0, "edischarge1_tot": 30, "eharge1_tod": 0, "eharge1_tot": 365, "elocalload_tod": 33, "elocalload_tot": 76982}}

And the second inverter:

{“device”: “5FZxx”, “time”: “2023-10-15T16:3 9:52”, “buffered”: “yes”, “values”: {“datalogserial”: “4KZxx”, “pvserial”: “5FZxx”, “pvstatus”: 1, “pvpowerin”: 4686, “pv1voltage”: 2458, “pv1current” : 9, “pv1watt”: 2333, “pv2voltage”: 3150, “pv2current”: 7, “pv2watt”: 2353, “pvp owerout”: 4594, “pvfrequentie”: 4995, “pvgridvoltage”: 2401, “pvgridcurrent”: 19 , “pvgridpower”: 4609, “pvgridvoltage2”: 0, “pvgridcurrent2”: 0, “pvgridpower2”: 0, “pvgridvoltage3”: 0, “pvgridcurrent3”: 0, “pvgridpower3”: 0, “pvenergytoday” : 165, “pvenergytotal”: 342570, “totworktime”: 195029729, “pvtemperature”: 401, “pvipmtemperature”: 422, “epv1today”: 78, “epv1total”: 162578, “epv2today”: 88, “epv2total”: 182327, “epvtotal”: 344905}}

Maybe for 600$ ? Or 50 € per hour?

Hi All,

I got it working. For some reason I didn’t enable authentication. As soon as that enabled it startee working.

Thanks

1 Like

logging it here because I find the solution.

The correct config to use is : inverterintopic = True
The documentation was wrong, the dev has been informed.

2 Likes

Dear Growatt API is well working in nov2023.
but the address has changed.
so who can update the right address in Home Assistant?
" Regarding Home Assistant, Home Assistant should use openapi.growatt.com, they need to change this. Please contact HomeAssistant for this matter"
Aanni Wu
Growatt New Energy B.V.
P: +31(0) 85 040 9967
E: [email protected]

1 Like
1 Like

Dear Chris (muppett3000),

Thank you for your help.
By following your link, i was able to integrate my Growatt account in Home Assistant.

PS: it would be meaningful to replace the official Growatt link in HA by yours (because the official one is no more working).

wishing you a good day,
Pierre

exactly the same issue here which means in the grott.ini that comes with grott is a line in the [mqtt] section

#auth = False
#user = grott
#password = growatt2020

You need to remove all #
and then you have to set

auth = True

If you overlook that in the ini file then grott will show in the messaging section a authentification failed

and that does not mean that your password or user is wrong, but the option is set wrong !

Took me hours to find out cause nowhere mentioned to set it to true !
I had changed the password, the user and what not , checked mqtt and looked everywhere but did no see the line set to be false which makes NO SENSE considering that the next 2 lines are a user and password.

Hi there,

Since a week I have installed the Grott Beta Branch (2.8) add-on and it is receiving packets from my two inverters. I can see that by recognizing both the IP’s from the two ShineLAN-X devices. (.50 and .52) but… no entities exists in the ‘Grott integration’.

I have tried everything to try to understand what more I should do to get these entities active but I’m stuck.

I have an grott.ini file that is completely empty. How is that possible? Anyone who is willing to shed some light on my path towards a working integration?

Thanx in advance,

Ewout Schalkwijkl

Before I even suggest anything, how are you running grott… haos add-on or docker
Where do you find your grott.ini being empty…?

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I’m running HA on a HP mini with HAOS(?) And also on a (Test Raspberry). In the directory /homeassistant/grott I have the grott.ini file.

I followed the tutorial: Growatt & Home Assistant [splitbrain.org]

Hi, donot know that procedure and not going to analyse it…too many around :slight_smile:
For the grott.ini … if it is in the right location at YOUR setup, could contain this, you can copy/paste it in , modify to your needs and restart…check the logs.
If you forget forwarding to growatt for now, it should only need the mqtt

And for any other guidance, I found this to be a good guide
muppet3000/homeassistant-grott: Home Assistant Integration for Grott - MQTT (github.com)

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll dive into it tomorrow when I come home. Maybe it will work after these modifications. :smiley::+1:t2:

Hey @EwoutSchalkwijk , have you got this working? I’m suffering the exact same issue!

Silly me, I already got it fixed. Main issue was… that these options were exactly the opposite as they actually are.

Hope it helps you, future user in hurry!

I kinda gave up on it as it seems that you need to have a ‘rocket scientist’ brain to get things working in HA.

I get the feeling that HA is a long way from being’grown up’ at this time. Many things stop working after an update or are so difficult to understand with almost no manuals that a simple person like me can’t come further with it😂

This has nothing to do with HA, it is an external (let’s call it) service that provides data which can (not must) be used by HA through pullling the data from MQTT (also not HA).
I agree that some updates of HA has cause (me) issues but such is life, progress comes at a price (which does stop me hoping for HA on LTS)