Help with Home Assistant Yellow can't get it up and running

Hey, I just received my home assistant yellow here today,

I then followed the install guide here Home Assistant Yellow Guide
I got the CM4 with internal space. I try to flash the home assistant firmware onto the home assistant yellow the PCB board only starts out solid green and red than the green starts to flash and after some time it’s solid red, I never see the yellow/amber light blinking that is always off :frowning: have tried the following:

1. Connect with different Ethernet cables.
  2. Disassemble the kit and resample it to see if the CM4 was mounted incorrectly.
  3. Tried 3 different USB sticks all flashed with the firmware from here Raspberry Pi OS – Raspberry Pi and choosing specific the firmware for home assistant yellow.
  4. Power cycle many times
  5. Tried the reset method on the home assistant yellow both using blue and red button and only the red one

Same thing here. Did you figured that out?

Update. I was able to boot board with option 2 from this guide - Home Assistant Yellow Guide

USB initial boot never worked for me. Hope it helps.

Hey Mr_fixit no sadly not :frowning:

Thanks mate :smiley: will try it out in the weekend really hope it works :smiley: then you are my savior :smiley:

Ok. One clarification, I used rpiboot on a Windows machine, haven’t tried other OS.

Mate you just saved my day!!! IT WORKED YOUR METHOD WORKED!

Can’t tell how happy I was when I saw it installed the HA! :smiley:

1 Like

Great, glad to help.

hey, tried your method at the end I get solid red light while green one flashes 8 times, what could that mean? thx for any help!

Probably something wrong with your CM4 - Raspberry Pi Documentation - Configuration

Try to re-insert CM4 and check that it is properly sealed.

well if it was not plugged right the ripboot should not work either i guess…?

I have the exact same issue, i need to find a windows machine to try this option.

regards.

If it is not plugged correctly, rpiboot will not detect the device. I used it as indicator that my rpi placement is fine.