Help with logging levels for one item

I need some help keeping one item from flooding my logs. Apparently I’m one of the only people getting this error because I cannot find anyone else reporting this. I’m ok with that. But I would like to keep it from flooding my logs

This is the error

2020-10-29 17:33:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/connection.py", line 249, in async_process_entity_map
    await self.async_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/connection.py", line 363, in async_update
    new_values_dict = await self.get_characteristics(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/connection.py", line 399, in get_characteristics
    return await self.pairing.get_characteristics(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohomekit/controller/ip/pairing.py", line 234, in get_characteristics
    return format_characteristic_list(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohomekit/controller/ip/pairing.py", line 44, in format_characteristic_list
    key = (c["aid"], c["iid"])
KeyError: 'aid'

I can of course set this in my configuration.yaml

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant: fatal

but then I pretty much get nothing in my logs at all. I’d like just to not get the errors above. I suspect the answer is “cant do that”, but was hoping someone might know a trick.

Thanks in advance

try:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.homekit_controller: fatal

Thanks that was a good suggestion. Unfortunately no change. every minute I get that error. I mean it’s not hurting anything, but makes it hard to notice real errors or messages

I ended up removing an repairing my two ecobee devices, and the errors went away. I should have tried that earlier I guess. Thanks again for the attempt, greatly appreciated

1 Like