Help with new project (Charge box)

Hi

I’m a developer and love to reverse engineer stuff, so I did that to my charge box (GARO GLB) and found an internal api to pull status in json format.

However I don’t know Python but I’d love to have some sensors for e.g. current charging power and other statuses.
So, if anyone could help me getting started without having to learn Python from scratch I would be very grateful :slight_smile:

Here are some specs:
The api is located on this url: http://192.168.1.225:2222/rest/chargebox/status?_=1547229313659

where the _ parameter is a unix timestamp.

The response looks like this

{
  "ocppState": null,
  "freeCharging": false,
  "ocppConnectionState": null,
  "connector": "CHARGING_FINISHED",
  "mode": "ALWAYS_ON",
  "currentLimit": 16,
  "factoryCurrentLimit": 32,
  "switchCurrentLimit": 16,
  "powerMode": "ON",
  "currentChargingCurrent": 0,
  "currentChargingPower": 0,
  "accSessionEnergy": 10200,
  "latestReading": 318400,
  "currentTemperature": 17,
  "pilotLevel": 16,
  "sessionStartValue": 308200,
  "nrOfPhases": 1
}

The values I’m interested in is “connector”, “currentChargingCurrent”, “currentChargingPower” and “currentTemperature”

There is no authentication or anything, just the timestamp parameter so this would be very straightforward in any other language :wink:

Looking forward for your thougts!

You can use the RESTful sensor to do what you want without using Python.

Hi

I am curious about if you were successfull with the Garo charger, as I have one myself. Did you manage to integrate it in some way?

I know this is an old topic but I’ve created a Garo Wallbox integration its HACS compatible but not listed in the defaults yet.
But it can be found on my github:
https://github.com/sockless-coding/garo_wallbox

You could also try using node red to get the info and populate sensor using MQTT

Hi, im looking for a sollution to build a simple system for payment for charging and the Garo boxes is one candidate. As i dont have a box at hand i have a question.
Is i it possible to query the box for which rfid that was used during a charging session?