Help with Ring Outdoor Sensor

I bought a Ring Outdoor Contact Sensor (Ring Alarm Outdoor Contact Sensor | Ring) for use as a driveway gate sensor. I’ve found some people were able to integrate other ring sensors into their Zwave system.

I am able to add the device with S2 security and can see it but have been unable to get useful information from the device. See below for what I see in HA.

Any ideas or advice is much appreciated.

Where it shows the +5 entities not shown, what entities are disabled? I’ve had a few z-wave devices where the entities I actually need are disabled by default.

What exactly are you looking for? The screenshot shows a ton of useful information.

The main purpose of the device is provided by the Intrusion entity.

It does not update correctly. Just always says safe.

I don’t think they are useful.

I have the ring contact sensors and what you are seeing is normal. With other door sensors you will see open and closed. With the ring you will see Safe(closed) and Unsafe(open). Home assistant allows you to change how a device is displayed. All you do is click on the sensor name (Intrusion in your case) then click on show as then select door from the list. Now when you open and close the door you see open and close instead of safe and unsafe.

brave_screenshot (2)

brave_screenshot (5)

Try reinterviewing the device or just exclude and readd it.