Help with Samsung TV

I have tried to search the web, I have tried many times to get it to work but for got sake, hope do I send “key” press to my tv?

For now I have media_player script with mute, volume down, volume up and power off, but if I want to open the menu an maybe use the arrows on my phone instead of the physical remote.

How for the love of god to I configure it in the UI/ code editor?!
Pleas ei beg your this will soon make me mad :sweat_smile:

I no longer have one but in the past this worked…I did not (!) test all the keys :slight_smile:
Samsung Smart TV - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

But how did you type this in the config? Do you have an example of a key that worked? I can’t get them to work at all :frowning:

For example, this dose not work and I don’t know how to type/test this to get it to work.

- type: custom:button-card
        icontype: custom:button-card
        icon: mdi:arrow-u-left-top
        entity: media_player.samsung_smart_tv
        show_name: false
        aspect_ratio: 1/1
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          haptic: success
        service: remote.samsung_smart_tv
        data:
          command:
            - KEY_VOLDOWN

It is in the doc…remote.SEND_COMMAND

EDIT: I cannot confirm if this works anylonger…have no sstv anymore, but it did work

If you have any configs left I can gladly try it out. But otherwise, I have tested what i can without success :frowning:

No configs but I do keep unexplained amount of old stuff as reference for further installl…I found this and only this and since it is in my ref. it must have worked otherwise I would have had a note besides it :slight_smile:
TV was ‘old’ tizen type, 2016 or so

service: remote.send_command
target:
  device_id: 5fa5e1fc7aedb7f47240b23ef322cdb5
data:
  num_repeats: 1
  delay_secs: 0.4
  hold_secs: 0
  command: KEY_MENU

And I forgot that I am using the same card even after switching… this one…loads of options too

usernein/tv-card: :tv: TV Remote Card (with touchpad and haptic feedback) (github.com)

Wow, than you so much, I might be stupid, but this was also on the page but I just didn’t know how to put it correctly, but now when I tried it, it worked as your described. I also looked up my device ID, but thanks so much for the help! Really made my evening! :slight_smile:

How my setup looks now flr those who wondering:

type: custom:button-card
icontype: custom:button-card
icon: mdi:arrow-up-bold
entity: media_player.samsung_smart_tv
show_name: false
aspect_ratio: 1/1
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  haptic: success
  service: remote.send_command
  target: