Help with some basics - Missing menu items, and repos?

I installed Home Assistant on my Synology NAS, which runs Home Assistant in Docker.
My version is reported as : Home Assistant 0.101.2
System Health report:

|arch|x86_64|
|dev|false|
|docker|true|
|hassio|false|
|os_name|Linux|
|python_version|3.7.4|
|version|0.101.2|
|virtualenv|false|

The first thing I might have an issue with, is: hassio: false.
It seems I might be missing something. It a lot of videos, I notice people have some Hass IO community tab or something, which allows them to easily add functionality and plugins. Can I get this? Should I have this?

And then, in one of my questions I asked, I got, what looks like the perfect answer:

Looks like I can add a plugin.

However, I get stumped at step one!

Download and copy mini-graph-card-bundle.js from the latest release into your config/www directory.

I have no www folder. Do I just create one?

And then:

Add a reference to mini-graph-card-bundle.js

What would my folder be?
/www/mini-graph-card-bundle.js ?

Any help would be great.

You have to create www and then restart Home Assistant. /www/mini-graph-card is ok. But install and use HACS instead.
You didn’t install hass.io so you don’t have hass.io and no tab.

1 Like

Hello, how to i get hassio working inside home assistant?, i’m upgrading from a PI to a Synology docker but i have no supervisor, please help

Hello, how to i get hassio working inside home assistant?, i’m upgrading from a PI to a Synology docker but i have no supervisor, please help. Did you get it to work?

Did you install hassio or some other version?

Hassio is the only version that has the supervisor.

I installed home assistant . Is there a hassio docker image ? Do you know what is it called ? Did you follow instructions from somewhere ? Thanks

Hassio is always docker.

I think Asked wrongly , I installed home assistant , interface comes up right everthing works but I don’t have the supervisor option so I can’t install plugins or use the configurator . In the system health report the HASSIO line says false .

So the link I provided are instructions to install the whole package, including supervisor. You can’t install the supervisor alone, you need to install the whole package.

yeah… Home Assistant Core is what you installed - that is not the old hassio now called Home Assistant Supervised. If you want supervisor/hassio you need to install that, not Home Assistant Core.

Yes because you installed CORE, not the full Home Assistant.

1 Like

excuse my ignorance on the topic. Can someone explain why isn’t there a docker for home assistant supervised? i read the link on installation but dont understand why is this not an easy option like the installation of home assistant core. Is “supervised” a richer version or an add on that runs independedntly? if someone can help explain the concept pls?

thanks

Home Assistant Supervised is not a docker container, it is a set of docker containers that work together under the supervision of, yes, the supervisor.

Where I read “dev” “false”
is it possible to enable dev?
I would like to connect an external HHD (additional to microSD where I have movies) and let us access hassio (PLEX Server add-on specifically)
Thanks

Dev is just the development channel as opposed to beta and normal (I think normal). It’s not what you think it is.