Help with the error.log

Can someone tell me what this error.log means and were I have to look?

2019-03-13 19:57:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform google_maps

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py”, line 184, in async_setup_platform
disc_info)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 46, in setup_scanner
scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 67, in init
self._update_info()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 79, in _update_info
for person in self.service.get_all_people():
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py”, line 439, in get_all_people
people = self.get_shared_people() + [self.get_authenticated_person()]
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py”, line 400, in get_shared_people
for info in output[0]:
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable
2019-03-13 19:58:42 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201903051] http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8123/lovelace/default_view:1:1 Expected identifier, string or number

Thanks for helping.

It’s probably not getting back the data. There are a number of reasons this could happen, but the most likely is probably that’s it’s not properly authenticated.

If you created a new account for it, have you gone into the device activity to approve the login? Otherwise, have you tried deleting the cookie file Home Assistant creates and restarting?

Hi tboyce1, you start with “it’s probably …” But what is “it”?
I cleaned the cache/cookies but it still gives the error.

Because I have no clue where to look I am completely in the dark.

Sorry, I meant the cookie file that Home Assistant creates and stores to save the authentication. I don’t use the component currently, but the docs say

This platform will create a file named .google_maps_location_sharing.cookies extended with the slugified username where it caches your login session.

Probably somewhere in your config folder (maybe under .storage?). You can try deleting that and then restarting Home Assistant. It should try to authenticate again and create a fresh file. If the file is recreated and it still fails, then the authentication itself may be failing, possibly due to Google blocking the login for one reason or another.

Thank you very much. I will try asap.
Found the file and renamed it. Now restarting.