Help with value_template in Automation

Two parter…

Can some tell me what is wrong with this? Template editor is throwing TemplateSyntaxError: unexpected '}

trigger:
    - platform: template
      value_template: "{% if is_state('media_player.emby_basement', 'playing') and (state_attr('media_player.emby_basement', 'media_content_type') in ['movie', 'tvshow']) }true{% endif %}"

Also, can I list multiple value templates as triggers for an automation? Such as:

trigger:
     value_template: 11111111
     value_template: 2222222
     value_template: 333333

Your problem is that you’re missing a % before the }true. But in all honesty, none of that is needed. You can simply trigger with

value_template: "{{ is_state('media_player.emby_basement', 'playing') and state_attr('media_player.emby_basement', 'media_content_type') in ['movie', 'tvshow'] }}"

Yes. They just have to be templates that return true and false.

Can I nest the the 3 templates into one statement using “or”? May be too complicated though

Yes you can. It can be as complicated as you want it to be.

Thanks. One more question on the same topic. Is this a proper template to trigger an action when the boolean is “on” and the state changes from playing? The state could change to paused or idle which is why i used “from”. It does not seem to be working though.

trigger:
      value_template: "{{  is_state('input_boolean.video_playback_basement', 'on') and from_state('media_player.emby_basement', 'playing') }}"

No, there is a list of available functions that can be used in templates. What you are tying to do is not possible for a template trigger.

How about converting your action to something like

trigger:
 - platform: state
   entity_id: media_player.emby_basement
condition:
  condition: template
  value_template: "{{  is_state('input_boolean.video_playback_basement', 'on') }"

(I didn’t check syntax, just an idea)