Help with video doorbell and d1 mini

Hi all,
in the apartment was installed a video doorbell. It has wifi and communicates with sip. When someone is ringing the outdoor bell we can see image etc and with vdp app I can see who is ringing and open the front door through my phone.

However I need to connect it to HA somehow. I just need a signal that someone is ringing the bell. To get notification in phone, play music in speakers etc. I don’t need to fully operate it.

The device it is powered by 2 wires only, at ~ 27 volts. When someone is ringing the bell the volts going to 26.

I placed 2 extra wires and attached a LM2596 to lower the volts to 3. But when I do that the camera isn’t working.

So I just open it and inside it has the following
5V, D-, D+, GND, SAR, and NDO (see the photo)

I think I could try to connect them with the d1 mini or esp32 if necessary.

My first question is if somebody knows about that so to confirm or prevent me to proceed because I am not sure if I damage the device.

If I can proceed again if someone knows, I should connect the ground to the ground of d1 mini, the 5v to the 5v of d1 mini and the d+ or d- or what else where to d1 mini?

And finally what kind of code do I need?

Thanks

If you can connect to it over SIP then you can try

Else you will be looking to use a setup with a relay to read when the voltage is at the trigger point using a clamp on one of the wires.

1 Like

Thanks I have seen that but I think it much higher than my knowledge. However I want to give it a try. But as I said I have many questions. I just installed the addon but for start I don’t know what to set up in my fritzbox?

I am not sure if I have to setup something in fritzbox.
All I know is that in the doorbell device and in my phone there is a default sip service (I don’t know how to call it) with some domains ids passwords etc which they are installed by the installer/electrician of the main building when we moved to the house. Will this work?
Can you help please?

this is what I got in my phone - and at the screen of the doorbell.
The setup was ready when we moved and in the phone (1st image I scanned a qr code and connected.

With this data and setup do you think your addon will work?