Help with Wink Hub Setup?

Found the reddit post, this looks like the same issue.

Nothing changed. When I ping, DNS resolves the IP but the ping receives no response.

Yeah, the address won’t ping. Did you trying running ha with the new DNS set?

The error messages in the log look the same.

File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 502, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.wink.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /users/me/wink_devices (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x741269d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))
2017-09-10 06:58:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zwave is taking over 10 seconds.

1 Like

Do you have the ability to test on another network?

Or maybe even try from another computer its pretty quick to setup a virtual environment in Linux.

I’ll have to look around for such an opportunity. That won’t be until tomorrow.

Regards

The reddit post mentioned the router. I changed the following with some success:

1. changed ISP to a different provider
    2… changed routers
  2. changed to Hassbian from Hassio

With those changes, and completing the Wink configurator, Hassbian restarts and connects with Wink properly.

Tomorrow I will sort through the variables to figure out which one was the culprit.

Cool, thanks for update. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Yup! Changed to a router running dd-wrt from one that was running a version of OpenWRT. After the change the Wink configurator worked as intended. Both Hass.io and Hassbian worked!

Presumably there is a setting in OpenWrt that accounts for the inability to communicate with api.wink.com. So far I have not found it.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Not sure what happened. I just did a restart of Home assistant and now Wink is not working.
Here is the errors:

2017-09-19 20:01:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component wink Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 194, in _async_setup_component component.setup, hass, processed_config) File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__ yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion. File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup value = future.result() File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result raise self._exception File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/wink.py", line 281, in setup pywink.get_subscription_key()) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 439, in get_subscription_key response_dict = wink_api_fetch() File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 458, in wink_api_fetch raise WinkAPIException("401 Response from Wink API. Maybe Bearer token is expired?") pywink.api.WinkAPIException: 401 Response from Wink API. Maybe Bearer token is expired?

Not sure why you would get a 401 from wink. I would try restarting again if it still happens try switch your auth to username/password and see if you get the problem there.

Restarted a few times and then tried my username/password. Still coming up with a error.

Hmm can you try signing into the official wink app? Or try signing into wink@home and see if that works?

That error is only logged when wink responds with a 401 which I have seen happen when they are having some sort of issue.

I can sign into wink@home with no problem.
It stopped working the same time I added the Emulated Hue Bridge to the configuration file. (just trying to see if I can get google assistant to work with Home Assistant) I know when the Emulated Hue Bridge was setting up it said it wanted to use port 80. Could that have caused my issue?
I have since then removed the Emulated Hue Bridge from the configuration but Wink still does not work.
The wink app works on all my devices fine.

Hmm so this is something going on, on the HA system. Did you have to make any network changes for the emulated hue stuff?

Are you using a virtualenv (how did you set up HA)?

Can you enabled debug logging and PM me your full log after this happens?

I did not make any network changes.
Yes I’m using virtualenv.
I will enable debug tonight when I get home. Hope it shows something.
Thanks

Okay awesome. So since you are using a virtualenv can you try creating another one and installing a fresh HA instance and sew if it has the same problem?

Okay. I created a new virtualenv with a new HA. Wink worked great.
So I logged back into my original HA a Wink would not work. I the made a copy of the .wink.conf file and deleted it from HA. Restarted and entered my credentials into the Wink Configuration, Authorized and the wink component is now working.

I will PM you a C/P from my logger file when it was not working.

1 Like

Interesting, do you still have a backup of the .wink.config? I wonder if it was corrupt?

Yes I do. Would you like it?