Help with Yeelight and Node-Red

Im using a few yee lights and can without any issues turn them on and off using node-red but I can not figure out how to set a mode like strobe or change colour? Can someone please help cause I can not figure it out?

effects might not work with yeelight, check it out just in case. If you are having problems with converting your data field from YAML to JSON, just use a converter :wink:

not having issues converting, I just can’t find the right commands at all. Do you know of any reference or example page that makes it easier for idiots like me?

i have lights that then handle the below functions but have no clue how to call them

I have checked that but still im not figuring out how to do it, the example you gave I found out so i can change brightness and set a colour temp but still not set any modes…

[{"id":"9368d042.20083","type":"api-call-service","z":"26a8be47.ed6452","name":"Music mode on","server":"9405c3fe.d0a6c","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"yeelight","service":"set_mode","entityId":"light.your_light","data":"{\"music_mode\":true}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":370,"y":80,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"9405c3fe.d0a6c","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","addon":true}]

Thanks man! i appreciate it!

1 Like