Help with Zigbee2MQTT

After many days of climbing mountains of troubleshooting I finally have my QMotion blinds recognized in Zigbee2MQTT. I thought they would just work from that point but not the case. I found a document from zigbee2mqtt showing support for my blinds but can’t make sense of what to do next.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?:

If you have Z2M configured properly, everything that Z2M recognises is automatically also recognised in HA.

…dumb question: have you checked the Z2M integration in HA where you should see all the associated devices and entities? Is Mosquitto running OK?

First step, does the device appear in the Z2M gui interface?

Second, when you click on ‘exposes’ for that device, can you operate the blinds?

Third, does a cover entity appear in home assistant?

4th, can you then operate the blinds from there?

By the way, the screenshot you posted is unhelpful, a link to the page would have been more helpful.

Yes to all of the above. I can see the blind in devices and entities which provide a up and down button which do nothing:

Also see them in the Z2M gui:

And in the “exposes” of Z2M there is no control other than “states”

The Z2M document says the following which unfortunately by my own limitations I can’t understand:

’ Cover

The current state of this cover is in the published state under the state property (value is OPEN or CLOSE). To control this cover publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"state": "OPEN"}, {"state": "CLOSE"}, {"state": "STOP"}. It’s not possible to read (/get) this value. To change the position publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"position": VALUE} where VALUE is a number between 0 and 100.

Here is the link to the Z2M document:
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/HDM40PV620.html

Thank you for your help so far…I am very new to all this so this is way out of my scope!

We were all new once :slight_smile:

Try clicking on one of those states in the z2m gui. Or using the slider in the z2m gui.

1 Like

I’ve tried that many times. Nothing happens. It seems from the z2m document that some extra steps are needed…just not sure I understand what they are.

There should be no extra steps needed. Some logs might help.

Just a long shot/wild guess here - but with the battery being only 49% - try charging/replacing the battery and then re-pair the device? Devices with “low” battery (“low” can mean wildly different numbers for different devices) can sometimes have trouble pairing/operating correctly.

1 Like

Thanks! not sure if that did it but I changed the batteries in one blind and they all were recognized…even the ones with low batteries.