Help with Zone Radius

Also your _2-ful device tracker makes me worried you have multiple mobile_app integrations for the same device. I recommend going into the Configuration > Integrations and removing them all and re-launching the app; it will re-configure an integration for itself.

1 Like

Hi zacwest,
Once again many thanks for all your help and the very useful insights into how Home Assistant tracking works. There were a couple of mobile app integrations within my HA setup as a result of my deleting / reinstalling the app it in an attempt to resolve the presence detection problem. As a newbie I was nervous of touching them but, by following your instructions, I’m pleased to report that I successfully deleted all instances and recreated a new single one by launching the app.

After ensuring that the new iPhone tracking entity was the only one against my person I did a similar walk again. Also in order to rule out any effects caused by the fitness tracking by my Apple Watch I only started this logging when I was over 0.5Km away from home (both leaving & returning). My leaving was, again, flagged up at a distance of >100mtrs but, once again, after returning home I was still classed as being away. In fact today HA only finally ‘flipped’ to show me (correctly) as being home when 5 hours had elapsed.

Like you I would really like to understand the reasons behind the problem but I really feel that I have wasted enough of your valuable time. I live in quite a rural location so perhaps it is the spacing of the mobile masts that is a problem.

Whilst I have been trying to resolve the GPS tracking on my iPhone I have been using HA’s Unifi integration to track my wife’s (iPhone / WiFi) presence. The good news is that it has been absolutely reliable, the only problem being a 10 minute delay when she leaves home before it is flagged up. Arriving home is flagged up immediately. So I plan to use this for tracking my presence alongside use of IP pinging / Bluetooth LE to eliminate the delay on leaving the house.

I hope that this doesn’t sound defeatist or in any way ungrateful as I’ve really valued all your input which has given me far more insight into the way the device tracking works. Thank you!