Here is a puzzle for you all... is there a simple solution for a problem like this?

Yes, light comes on almost straight away when switch is pressed

How have you integrated them, with the Shelly integration ?

Actually just checked and all mine are now flashed with Esphome, I thought I had a couple not

that might be the difference, but i think maybe i am not explaining myself correctly.

when pressing the physical switch attached to the shelly - light come on instantly for me as well. however - it takes HA few seconds to register the switch as “on”.

It must be an integration delay, I guess. ESPHome (or Tasmota) flashing to Shellys is easy though, OTA

I did it with esp32 and an INA219. Intercom monitoring and door opening

maybe i need to try what @Spiro is offering

i have a video, that explain my problem with the switch behavior in HA.
what is the best way to share it here?

Post it to youtube and post the link.

But you must be doing something weird or wrong. My shelly uni are reflected instantly I HA.

You could try an esp device and esphome.

And you haven’t told us how you integrated your shelly device to ha, nor what the electrical connections are.

i use regular “shelly” interrogation via Ip address to HA (without mqtt).

here is a link to the video, sorry for the poor quality. It perfectly shows the delay between “pressing the button” - bridging the L with SW with a wire on the shelly1 module - few seconds to show on the shelly app\IP website, and only after about 30 sec it is registered in HA.

the shelly1 is connected via 12V DC adapter.
here is the link

Could you look at HA events and see if an event is fired when you add the bridge wire ? is there a delay there ?

could you plz give more specific instructions on how to do that for this specific device/IP address?

From the link above:

If the BUTTON TYPE of the switch connected to the device is set to momentary or detached switch , integration fires events under the type shelly.click when the switch is used. You can use these events in your automations.

LISTENING FOR EVENTS

You can subscribe to the shelly.click event type in Developer Tools/Events in order to examine the event data JSON for the correct parameters to use in your automations. For example, shelly.click returns event data JSON similar to the following when you press the Shelly Button1.

Event 0 fired 9:53 AM:
{
    "event_type": "shelly.click",
    "data": {
        "device_id": "e09c64a22553484d804353ef97f6fcd6",
        "device": "shellybutton1-A4C12A45174",
        "channel": 1,
        "click_type": "single",
        "generation": 1
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2021-04-28T08:53:12.755729+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "e0f379706563aaa0c2c1fda5174b5a0e",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

The using an automation:

Sorry @Holdestmade, though the switch is set to momentary, while listening to ‘shelly.click’ I see nothing. even while triggering the shelly module from within HA. i followed the documentation of shelly, but with no luck. nun of my shelly register anything under this event type. i can only guess im doing something wrong.

i tried listening to some ZHA events and those register just fine.

Very strange, no more ideas I’m afraid

thanks man! i appreciate your help so far.

Don’t suppose it’s this ?

the same :slight_smile:

What is your CoIoT setting on the shelly?

hey man, sorry for the delay.
not sure i know how to answer this question (so… default probably, as i did not change this setting as far as my poor knowledge goes…).

could you tell me what to look for and where, so i can better answer that?