Hey! I'm Home (Tuya) Integration

I’ve recently purchased some new hardware from Hey! I’m Home, a British white labeled Tuya solution. It works unbelievably but I’d love to see an integration here. I’m technical but just starting out on my Smart Home (starting meaning everything is now smart) so new to the integration side of things. Where does integration responsibility sit? With manufacturer or the HA crowd?

Have you just tried the Tuya integration?

1 Like

It took me all of 5 minutes after posting that to then go, “oh yeah”. Just having issues with motion sensors now.

1 Like

Hmm I’ve converted all of my Tuya devices so I can’t provide any further help.
I just remember before I converted things it was a pretty “ok” integration.
I just had bulbs in the beginning though.

Out of interest, what motion sensors on Tuya have you used? I’m new to the HASS community but am trying to see what the API could do we one of these https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFLPWIFI.html

The usual calls for light control/colour/dimming etc i can see, but in the app i can also view event records which are generated by the PIR sensor be activated.

Is there a way to get these event records in to HASS?

I should add, one thing i’d like to see if i can do is set the mode of operation of the light through the API. From within the app, it can be set to be controlled manually (turn off and on from the app) or be on the PIR sensor. If this control is available via the API, then i’ll probably be looking at a wall based switch that allows me to switch between the modes of the light, switch position 1 would be lights on, switch position 2 would be lights controlled via PIR.

I just got this floodlight integrated using the LocalTuya integration from HACS. I have got a light entity (id=20) and a binary sensor entity (id=52) for the PIR.

1 Like

I’ve just started myself with HA and already have the Hey! contact sensors but can’t seem to get the Tuya integration to work. How did you manage it?

I’m just trying to add my Hey! devices to HA (I’m new to this) and struggling.

I’m following the guidance here.

I get as far as Create A Project - Step 6 but I cannot add the Smart Home Devices Management or Smart Home Family Management APIs - they’re simply not in the list I can select from.

I carried on, but when I get to Link Devices - Step 5, no devices are listed, probably because of the above?

Any ideas?

So I recently had a device that came from an app that was using Tuya’s platform but it wasn’t Tuya. (whitelabel)
To get it to work I removed it from the manufacturer’s app and set it up in the Tuya app.
The Tuya app complained it didn’t support the features and only let me turn it on and off, but when adding it to Home Assistant I was able to control it perfectly.

1 Like

Out of interest, did anyone try the Hey! indoor camera? Can you get it into home assistant? I’ve got one going spare in a drawer (I didn’t like the app it came with)

I’m looking for answers on this too, before I buy.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Hey I’m Home indoor camera working with home assistant, ideally with local control such as RTSP?

Thanks