Hide_if_unavailable doesn't work?

I have below config for entities card, but hide_if_unavailable doesn’t work, what is the correct syntax?

entities:
  - entity: binary_sensor.xx
hide_if_unavailable: true
title: sensors
type: entities

I think that option is only available for cast elements.

The entity-filter card might do what you want?

According to the docs it is available as a special row, but I have no idea what row can be (and my 0.104.2 does not recognise it)

I think the only special row type it applies to is cast:

You linked to the conditional section of the doc which does have this option that might do what you want?

yes entity-filter works, thanks all!

1 Like

exactly. from what I see it is possible to have a conditional row within an Entities card.
what I don’t understand is what to use in the row (and there is no example and my UI editor doesn’t like it at all because it was introduced in 0.105).
any hints here?

The only row type I’ve ever used is a card.

eg:

- type: conditional
      conditions:
        - condition:
          entity: some.entity
          state: "some_state"
      card:
        type: ...

After card:, the configuration is the same as any other entity card except moved to the right at least two spaces (or 1 tab) and it must be a single entity (no lists preceded by "- ").

1 Like

This example might be more helpful…

1 Like

so you think row in Entity card is the same as card in Conditional card?
if so, that’s a poor design :frowning:
note I’m still unable to check it out

lol: I meant to type ‘row’ (as in ‘figuratively’) but used backticks instead of single quotes out of habit. I’m honestly not sure exactly what is meant by ‘row’ other than the literal space filled within the card (as opposed to a ‘column’). I played around with a few syntax variations but couldn’t find any way to use the term ‘row’, as the docs specify, without an error being thrown. The only syntax that didn’t throw an error is this:

- type: entities
    entities:
        conditions:
          - entity: sun.sun
            state: "below_horizon"
        entity: light.porch

…which is consistent with the conditional card syntax, however I couldn’t get the condition to resolve as false (hide the entity). :confused:

EDIT: I just realized I’m on 104.3. This syntax might work for you?

1 Like

it must be 0.105.0 :slight_smile:

I’m not an OP but I always wanted to be able to show/hide individual entities rather whole cards.
I use a modified monster-card for things like that but I really prefer standard methods.

I just updated to 105.2 and this syntax works (and updates in real-time):

- type: entities
    entities:
        conditions:
          - entity: sun.sun
            state: "below_horizon"
        row:
          entity: light.porch
2 Likes

this is great. I am still on 0.104.3, running hass docker.

Our “real-time” is about 20 seconds for the state_not: unavailable condition.
But at least it works reliable only downside is the huge scale up factor if you have 3 bulbs in a row and 2 are unavailable cause then the single remaining bulb icon will be increased by 200 % to match the full width … and also 200% in height. Therefore I recommand to limit those unavailable items to just 1 in a row to avoid this mess here (the single one has been decreased to get it right. In reality it becomes really huge, but 1 hidden and 2 present identity will make it more pleasing for the eyes.

Some have warp speed and get updates in real-time, others just get raspi 4 speed.