High battery drain on iOS app

On days where I leave my house, the iOS app has a very high battery usage. Usually around 25-30%.

The Location History shows a “Significant Location Change” every 5-15 minutes when I am outside moving around. Every so often there are two updates <1min apart.

I have 5 different zones that I track. I have all the default entities like activity, floors, BSSID enabled. I don’t perform any location update requests in scripts or automations.

I’m not sure if there is a way to easily sanitize the app log so I can post it.

Where should I start looking to troubleshoot this? Could it be something other than location?

Reset the app, uninstall it, reinstall it. Seriously, give it a shot. I had this battery drain issues a couple versions back and after reinstalling it stopped using so much battery. On the latest version with moderate use and background location and activity enabled, my battery usage shows on average 9%-13% background activity over the past 10 days.

Significant location changes happen when you change cell towers. If you’re just looking for whether you’re in or out of a zone, it is unnecessary and you can disable it in the app’s Settings > Location.

1 Like

I just tried the full reset dance. 24h later I’m at 30% for the day.

Solved by…?