Hik-Connect

I have outdoor station DS-KD8003-IME1 / S/EU. Is there any possibility to receive the venet of “push button/ring” on local network? Thank you

1 Like

Yes, using ISAPI, see the other thread, make sure to load the custom firmware, and don’t upgrade to latest official release, because there is no way to downgrade

Ouh, it maybe problem for me. Last week the upgrade to last FW version was done automatically. Since upgrade my door station after push button says: “Calling was not successful”. It means that no solution at this moment for me, right?

Not with ISAPI :frowning:

Or downgrade , maybe you can downgrade with serial or SDK tools…

You also use that SDK script, there is another project for this, works on every firmware, but it requires specific OS, not supported on alpine (HassOs)

Hi @DastyDiesel, does the Hik-Connect integration find the outdoor station? If so, it should work as soon as https://github.com/tomasbedrich/home-assistant-hikconnect/issues/4 is implemented.

Hello everyone,

Based on Tomáš’s libraries I created a homebridge plugin. It will expose locks to homebridge/Homekit.

@tomasbedrich I could not use your python library in homebridge (it is in JavaScript) so I recreated the client. I’ll follow your development and try to sync if you figure out new stuff. :slight_smile: Great work by the way!

1 Like

Thank you! What devices are supported?
Also, I tried and got the following error:
Error: Failed to get devices
at HikConnectClient.getDevices (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hikconnect/src/client/index.js:65:13)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
at HikConnectPlatform.discoverDevices (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hikconnect/src/index.js:28:23)

Eidt: V1.0.1 works great!

Hi Thomas. Any news about new version with new features ?

Hi, I’m in the middle of discussions with Hikvision. They are trying to understand the situation so that they can provide some helpful resources and recommend next steps.
So far, they were suggesting to work with ISAPI, but they don’t understand that it is not possible in this scenario.

But ISAPI is no available in 1 generation video intercom.

@pepeEL , you already know there is no support anymore for first gen… So try SDK…
Stuff that doesn’t work today, will never work

So if you want integrations, then update your equipment

Ok but Thomas create integration also for old 1 gen device and i am waiting for it. He no create integration only for SECOND gen device.

No, its based on HikConnect (app) , has nothing todo with first or second gen devices… was done by reverse engeneering… so its limited to events on the hikconnect cloud… you will never get events like door open/swipe card … thats just not possible with hikconnect
For those event you need local access to the device itself

correct me if i’m wrong @tomasbedrich

Ok but HikConnect(app) support also 1 and 2 gen… and if integration use it it also support both generation.

yes, but its limited to whats availble on the app, so dont expect new stuff
also if they change the API, integration will break

You are probably right that there will always be more events available when connecting directly to device via ISAPI.

On the other hand – if you only need basic functionality and don’t have the luxury of connecting directly to device, Hik-Connect can be a promising alternative. If it supports older devices, great!

I think anyone can pick whatever they want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

indeed, this integration is perfect for basic integration :slight_smile: nice job indeed

but @pepeEL just expects too much :slight_smile:

But you think that basic integration is only unlock door ?
In app we also have push notification and view from video.

dont think you can intercept the push, its based on google
callstatus is possible, you can poll that, see my thread
dooropen is also possible, when i do it with hikconnect, i can see in fiddler an ISAPI request
try to see with fiddler what happens id you open a door, try to see if its also ISAPI … my guess its also based on ISAPI, but you cant do it locally , cause probably in your firmware port 80 is not open