Hikvision Doorbell Camera – Chime and Motion Sensor

Thanks mate.
for some reason I can’t get motion to pick the rtsp stream. No errors I don’t get anything in the standard front end or via the motion stream url…
Ah well for now I have the video stream in HA and I have other sensors I can trigger to do a face analysis on the video stream to see if I’m coming home :smiley:

below find the camera-1.conf file content in motioneye. Have a look and see if you find something unusual with yours.

# @webcam_resolution 100
# @upload_subfolders on
# @upload_server 
# @enabled on
# @network_server 
# @motion_detection on
# @upload_port 
# @upload_location 
# @preserve_movies 15
# @network_username 
# @upload_movie on
# @id 1
# @manual_record off
# @upload_password 
# @upload_method post
# @upload_picture on
# @working_schedule_type during
# @network_password 
# @upload_service ftp
# @name Front Door
# @preserve_pictures 7
# @storage_device custom-path
# @manual_snapshots on
# @network_share_name 
# @upload_enabled off
# @webcam_server_resize on
# @working_schedule 00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59|00:00-23:59
# @upload_username 
# @network_smb_ver 1.0
# @clean_cloud_enabled off

height 720
netcam_userpass user:password
stream_quality 85
threshold 46080
noise_level 31
smart_mask_speed 0
pre_capture 1
noise_tune on
stream_maxrate 30
stream_localhost off
text_changes off
movie_filename %Y-%m-%d/%H-%M-%S
auto_brightness off
stream_port 8081
rotate 0
stream_auth_method 0
framerate 30
emulate_motion off
snapshot_filename %Y-%m-%d/%H-%M-%S
despeckle_filter 
snapshot_interval 0
minimum_motion_frames 20
stream_motion 1
target_dir /var/lib/motioneye/Camera1
netcam_url rtsp://192.168.1.17:554/Streaming/Channels/101
width 1280
post_capture 1
stream_authentication user:password
on_picture_save /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/scripts/relayevent.sh "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf" picture_save %t %f
on_movie_end /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/scripts/relayevent.sh "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf" movie_end %t %f
text_left Front Door
picture_filename %Y-%m-%d/%H-%M-%S
locate_motion_style redbox
locate_motion_mode off
netcam_keepalive off
on_event_end /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/scripts/relayevent.sh "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf" stop %t
text_right 
on_event_start /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/scripts/relayevent.sh "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf" start %t; mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.100 -t cameras/frontdoor/motion -u <mqttuser> -P <mqttpasswd> -m ON
event_gap 30
netcam_tolerant_check on
mask_file 

movie_codec mp4:h264_omx
movie_max_time 0
lightswitch_percent 40
picture_output_motion off
movie_output on
picture_quality 50
movie_output_motion off
text_scale 2
movie_quality 75
picture_output on
camera_name Front Door

Oh god. I forgot to add the extra port for the additional camera to my docker-compose file. Doh! :man_facepalming:
All working well now with motion
Just need to see what’s wrong with the binary_sensor. Wayhay

btw, in case you were interested, I use motion to detect motion and “inform” HA:

on_event_start mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.0.24 -p 1883 -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -t Sensors/CCTV2/Doorbell/Motion -q 1 -m ON -r

on_event_end mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.0.24 -p 1883 -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -t Sensors/CCTV2/Doorbell/Motion -q 1 -m OFF -r
1 Like

What firmware version are you guys running on the doorbell?

Thanks @lolouk44

@mLaupet not sure where to look. I think mine its 190 415668

Mine is V1.4.62 build 180809 for a DS-KB6403-WIP
Got it from there
https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/eu/searchportal/model/ds-kb6403-wip

Thanks a lot @lolouk44 . I also have the DS-KB6403-WIP, but on V1.4.62 build 180515. When I compare the RTSP stream in Blue Iris it seems darker and worse quality then what I see in the web interface in Internet Explorer. That might be the same problem you experienced?

Did you upgrade with the Web interface or insert of SD card? Is the camera 100% stable on this firmware?

I’ve only had the doorbell does les than a week now and it’s sitting on a window sill until I actually mount it on the wall. Can’t say I’ve experienced any stability issues with either firmware, but with the newer one the sub stream keeps working. With the 515 it would open the first frame then freeze on it (audio still working) on VLC. Motion would not pick up the stream either
With the latest stream it feels better. Even the Web interface feels more responsive, but that could be me.
Only thing left to fix for me is the motion sensor Via pyhik…

Anyone has found a different way to get the ring notification without tasker? Actually I’m using the “tasker way” but with my internet connection all became incredibly slow.

As the device supports a mechanical bell, is possible to make a device, maybe with an esp, to catch the ring and locally send an mqtt message? I don’t know how to catch the “ring” on the power line

I’ve read something about a reed-switch near the mechanical doorbell, in my country mechanical doorbell are not used and don’t know what kind I have to use. Someone can suggest a mechanical chime that works with that device? I can’t understand the principle of the chimes i’ve seen on the net: if the bell rings when the button closes the circuit how the device is powered when the circuit is open?

1 Like

I’ve found that my two devices (a laview and a u-bell) are found in IFTTT ezviz integration. maybe is possible to get the doorbell ring via IFTTT. In the configuration page there are a lot of trigger but not an explicit “doorbell ring/call/button”. I’m making some tries

@lolouk44 I’m interested in knowing how you do the face analysis on the video stream. do you use opencv?

I was using facebox but have up since. I’m only using tensorflow to detect persons now which I am I really care about

Hi,

Anybody been able to use the stream: component with this KB6403_WIP ?
I get an error during startup, but do have a different Hikvision cam working great.

Test the same URL in VLC and works great, so kind of stuck…

Thank you for your post, I have done the same automation for other purpose, However I have used Automate app instead of tasker and autonotifaction.

Great
Maybe you can share your process as it may be simpler

I have used Automate app can be found in this link

To start with it you need to creat new work flow

You will be in a page with one block

Click on the block and change the title to your desire then save

Add another block called notification posted? Under interface,

Click on the block and configure it

Add new block called plug-in action and configure it

The work flow should be like this:

Then run the workflow

I’m using hassio in Virtual Machine , in the same pc I’m using the virtual machine Android.

I hope it is helpful and I’m ready if any clarification required

Thanks again

1 Like

I’ll stick with Tasker for now, because “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” but also because there were reports that automate can use more memory than Tasker, and since I’m running it on an old galaxy tab 5…
But Thanks for sharing indeed, this is really helpful

In case it helps others, I’ve also noticed that the hikvision app tends to hang every so often so I have a separate flow that kills the hikvision app every day at 4am (unlikely to get visitors then) and restarts it

Works flawlessly otherwise

For motion detection, I use motion in combination with tensorflow so I only get alerted when a person is detected

1 Like

Guys, created a new thread here with all ISAPI info, its possible to poll ISAPI events for Hikvision products, to capture doorpress event, open a relay (door)…

all info here:

1 Like

@lolouk44 Trust you’re well.
Have you tried the button press commands shared by @pergola.fabio