Hikvision Doorbell camera motion sensor not working

Has anyone been able to get the hikvision (or rebranded laview, rca, etc) doorbell camera working with the hikvision sensor component.

I have 4 cameras that I am able to use the motion and line crossing alerts, just fine, but the doorbell not so much.

It does show up as a sensor, but does not work.

My log gets flooded with this

2018-08-11 14:06:44 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:45 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:46 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:47 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:48 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:49 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:50 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:51 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:52 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:53 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:54 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:55 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’
2018-08-11 14:06:56 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyhik.hikvision] Problem finding attribute: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘text’

I am able to use it as a generic camera, but really thought it might be nice to trigger something based on the motion sensor.

I belive the hikvision component has not been updated in quite a while, so maybe its just in need of some work??

Of course if others are successfully using the motion sensor, it might be me

here is the yaml for my binary sensor

- platform: hikvision
   host: 192.168.1.xxx
   port: 80
   ssl: False
   name: doorbell camera
   username: admin
   password: !secret camera_nvr_password

Not sure I can help, but I would start with the exact configuration for the component list here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/binary_sensor.hikvision/.

If the other cameras work it may not help. Good luck,

bump. Just wondering if anyone was using this or any of the rebranded (RCA, laview, etc) models of this doorbell and if anyone had any success with the motion sensor. Still a no go for me

I got it working using motioneye as the video processor.
You can add all your cameras and create motion sensors.

I get that, I’ve seen others use blue iris too. I was hoping to get it to work with just the native hikvision component. I dont do that much with my cameras. I have a NVR with 4 cameras plus the doorbell camera. The other 4 work just fine, line crossing, motion etc. The doorbell does work as just a generic camera, which is good, Just never got the motion part working. If possible I just want to avoid the overhead and maintenance of another piece of software

Would you be willing to share your install details on HA for motion eye?

Tries using this 6 months ago and had no luck… My advice is to return it.

I’ve been using it for nearly a year. It works good overall. Before HA I felt like it was adequate. The only issue left with HA is the motion detection.

sure
i run a docker. this is the compose

motioneye: #https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wiki/Install-In-Docker # https://community.home-assistant.io/t/some-of-the-new-docker-containers-i-am-using/56124/6
    container_name: motioneye
    image: ccrisan/motioneye:dev-amd64 #master-amd64
    hostname: motioneye
    restart: unless-stopped
    volumes:
    - /mnt/cache/appdata/motioneye/config:/etc/motioneye
    - /mnt/user/media/motioneye:/var/lib/motioneye
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    environment:
    - PGID=100
    - PUID=99
    ports:
    - "7999:7999" #api interface port
    - "8765:8765" #web interface port
    - "8701-8703:8081-8083" #port per camera, more can be added subsequently

you have to create a binary sensor like this:

- platform: mqtt  #motioneye sensors
  name: "Frontdoor Motion"
  state_topic: "cameras/frontdoor/motion"  
  device_class: motion
  payload_on: "ON"
  off_delay: 10
  unique_id: frontdoor_motion 

and then in motioneye under Motion Notification you add this command:

mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.xxx -t cameras/frontdoor/motion -u mqttuserid -P mqttpasswd -m ON

obviously you need to set up the camera in motioneye. the string is
rtsp://ip:554/Streaming/Channels/101

Thank you very much. I’m running in a python VENV, no mqtt, no miosquitto, and no dockers. Sucks for me to have to add so much overhead for a single camera. It’s weird, because it does report motion events to the nvr, and the ios app. my other 4 cameras also report motion and line crossing without any issues.

I’m going to continue to play around and try to figure out if I can get this to report natively. I feel like it might just be a setting, firmware, or maybe I need to go through the nvr itself.

I’ll report back if I have any success

Sooo, have u had any success getting motionfrom it in HA?

I dont have this doorbell anymore. but only because I moved. I did manage to get motion events, but it was through another integration. I think in HACS.